+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile - Work History Section - LMIA

AnyUserName

Star Member
Oct 5, 2021
Hello,

I've a few questions regarding filling work history section:

Background: I'm currently working in Canada on a closed work permit for which a LMIA exemption was obtained.

Questions:

1. Under, * Does [name] have a job offer in Canada?

- If I enter "yes" does that mean I need to get a new offer from my company? because entering "no" doesn't allow me to enter other details.

2. Under, Does [name] job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?

- I entered "yes".

3. Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?

- I got LMIA exempt based on reciprocal agreement. Does that fall under:

(1) No - My work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer-specific
(2) No - My work permit is exempt from an LMIA due to an international agreement

I've already submitted Express Entry profile, and wondering if I need to update the application to avoid mis-representation?

I've received scores for this:

CRS - Arranged Employment50

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Bump. Somebody?
Have you worked for your employer for a full 12 months in Canada yet?

If not, just answer no to all of the questions.

If yes, then answer yes to the first two questions and no to the third question. You will need a letter from your employer that indicates you will have a job with them for at least a year after you become a PR.

Reactions: AnyUserName

AnyUserName

Star Member
Oct 5, 2021
Have you worked for your employer for a full 12 months in Canada yet?

If not, just answer no to all of the questions.

If yes, then answer yes to the first two questions and no to the third question. You will need a letter from your employer that indicates you will have a job with them for at least a year after you become a PR.

Thank you for the response @scylla . Yes, I've worked for more than 12 months.

Regarding the third question -

Does reciprocal agreement based LMIA exemption fall under

(1) No - My work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer-specific
(2) No - My work permit is exempt from an LMIA due to an international agreement

?

Regarding :

You will need a letter from your employer that indicates you will have a job with them for at least a year after you become a PR.
My original offer letter already shows that job is until 2023. Would I need a new letter?

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the response @scylla . Yes, I've worked for more than 12 months.

Regarding the third question -

Does reciprocal agreement based LMIA exemption fall under

?

Regarding :

My original offer letter already shows that job is until 2023. Would I need a new letter?

Thank you!
I'm not sure about the answer to your first question.

For your second question, you should really get a new letter that specifically states you have a job for at least a year after PR.

AnyUserName

Star Member
Oct 5, 2021
I'm not sure about the answer to your first question.

For your second question, you should really get a new letter that specifically states you have a job for at least a year after PR.

Sounds good, thank you!

1. You need a new job offer stating you will have full-time permanent employment for one year after receiving PR. You can’t use orginal letter.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

3. If employer specific choose 1. International agreements are LMIAS under trade agreements like CUSMA
Thank you! That helped.