+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry profile with 3 years 11 months experience

AgentC

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hi All,

1)

I have 3 years 11 months experience in Noc 2147. While trying to create EE profile using Come to Canada tool, for the question

In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation.

I don't see Three to Four years as an option in the list. There is an option for Two to Three and Four to Five. I can't select Two to Three as it reduces my CRS point by 25 points (I get only 25 points for Skills Transfer ability instead of 50 which I get for having CLB 9+ in all areas and 3+ years of foreign work experience)

Anybody else encountered this problem?

Thanks!!

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AgentC said:
Hi All,

1)

I have 3 years 11 months experience in Noc 2147. While trying to create EE profile using Come to Canada tool, for the question

In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation.

I don't see Three to Four years as an option in the list. There is an option for Two to Three and Four to Five. I can't select Two to Three as it reduces my CRS point by 25 points (I get only 25 points for Skills Transfer ability instead of 50 which I get for having CLB 9+ in all areas and 3+ years of foreign work experience)

Thanks!!
Unfortunately thats the way it is. Can you wait for another month or so? How long before you step into 4th year?

You can also select 4 to 5 for now because by the time you receive ITA and submit the application, you will very well be in that 4 to 5 slot.

AgentC

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Not really. Even after a month that wont reach 4 years as I had resigned after 3 years 11 months, unfortunately though.

Sep-2007 to Jul-2011 I was working in Noc 2147 role. Then from Jul-2011 to May-2013 I went back to college for post-grad study. So, the longest period of employment I have is only 3 years 11 months :(

Didn't just a month's job more will cost me so dearly.. its almost ruining my chance. CRS points are reducing from 479 to 454 because of this :(

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
AgentC said:
Hi All,

1)

Thanks!!
You can create your EE profile now and select 2 - 3 years. After a month, when you complete 4 years, you can update your profile.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AgentC said:
Not really. Even after a month that wont reach 4 years as I had resigned after 3 years 11 months, unfortunately though.

Sep-2007 to Jul-2011 I was working in Noc 2147 role. Then from Jul-2011 to May-2013 I went back to college for post-grad study. So, the longest period of employment I have is only 3 years 11 months :(

Didn't just a month's job more will cost me so dearly.. its almost ruining my chance. CRS points are reducing from 479 to 454 because of this :(
Sorry, I thought you were in a continuous job. That's harsh as one month, indeed is going to hurt your chances. But, hey, we have seen scores go as low as 450, so saddle up that horse, create your profile and you never know 454 could be lucky number for you. Good Luck and stay hopeful.

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
Hey based on my understanding you will still get the 50 points you are referring to in the skill transferability. The criteria is above 3 or more years of work exp and CLB 9 or more on all 4 language abilities. You have reduced your work experience to 2 years based on come to Canada tool. This tool is to determine eligibility towards immigration programs. Your EE profile is much more elaborate. In my opinion you can claim the 50 points discussed above as you satisfy the min requirement. It is not 3+ years and CLB 9+, it is 3 or more years.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

Hope this helps. All the best.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joelmath said:
Hey based on my understanding you will still get the 50 points you are referring to in the skill transferability. The criteria is above 3 or more years of work exp and CLB 9 or more on all 4 language abilities. You have reduced your work experience to 2 years based on come to Canada tool. This tool is to determine eligibility towards immigration programs. Your EE profile is much more elaborate. In my opinion you can claim the 50 points discussed above as you satisfy the min requirement. It is not 3+ years and CLB 9+, it is 3 or more years.

I guess thats true. Worth checking this and recalculating the points. I seems to have overlooked this. Good work joelmath in pointing that out.

AgentC

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
joelmath said:

I created EE profile but there also I get only 25 points. In fact if I calculate score using CRS Calculator, I am reaching 479 as the calculator has 3 to 4 Years as one of the option.

I am now planning to write to CIC to check if they can help me in getting 50 points (which ideally I should as per the guidelines)

Can somebody share email address where I can write to CIC. I glanced through website but I could find only phone number there.

Thanks!!

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
I don't think they will respond to you because you do not have an application number on record yet. Try the solution @rohansekri used in this post and see if that solves the problem.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/different-scores-with-crs-calculator-and-after-submitting-profile-what-to-do-t383049.0.html

If not then no other solution but to write a CSE to CIC claiming technical issue

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Do keep us updated. All the best

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you use the CIC official CRS calculator?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

AgentC

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
joelmath said:
I don't think they will respond to you because you do not have an application number on record yet. Try the solution @rohansekri used in this post and see if that solves the problem.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/different-scores-with-crs-calculator-and-after-submitting-profile-what-to-do-t383049.0.html

If not then no other solution but to write a CSE to CIC claiming technical issue

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Do keep us updated. All the best
Thanks joelmath!! I shall do that.

AgentC

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
StAnger said:
I guess thats true. Worth checking this and recalculating the points. I seems to have overlooked this. Good work joelmath in pointing that out.
Thanks!! I checked it there too.

AgentC

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
chaitanyaprsd1 said:
Did you use the CIC official CRS calculator?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Yep! I tried that. It indicates that the CRS score should be 479 but when I create EE profile, it calculates only 454 as in EE profile, I get only 25 points for skills transferability instead of 50 as indicated in CRS calculator.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AgentC said:
Yep! I tried that. It indicates that the CRS score should be 479 but when I create EE profile, it calculates only 454 as in EE profile, I get only 25 points for skills transferability instead of 50 as indicated in CRS calculator.
You still stand a good chance of ita in near future. Cannot second guess when that will be, but you just have to hang in there.

AgentC

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
StAnger said:
You still stand a good chance of ita in near future. Cannot second guess when that will be, but you just have to hang in there.
Yep.. Let's hope so.. it might take few more weeks before I hear from CIC.. but hopeful that I should.