+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry profile ineligible for what reason ?

estceashzed

Feb 14, 2019
I just submitted my EE profile, soon after, I receive a message saying that my profile is not eligible ?!

I am under the FSW, before I apply, I have checked that I am eligible many times prior
Education: BA degree (assessed by WES) 22 points
Work Experience: NOC B or TEER 2 (13 months full-time) 9 points
Language test: IELTS CLB 9 (newly made) 24 points
TOTAL: 67 points which is the minimum to be eligible for FSW EE.

I don't understand why I am getting "you are not eligible" message, I double checked answers, spelling mistakes, and all details, everything seems fine from my side. (even when filling the initial form at the beginning, it showed you are eligible to apply).

Any suggestions?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I just submitted my EE profile, soon after, I receive a message saying that my profile is not eligible ?!

I am under the FSW, before I apply, I have checked that I am eligible many times prior
Education: BA degree (assessed by WES) 22 points
Work Experience: NOC B or TEER 2 (13 months full-time) 9 points
Language test: IELTS CLB 9 (newly made) 24 points
TOTAL: 67 points which is the minimum to be eligible for FSW EE.

I don't understand why I am getting "you are not eligible" message, I double checked answers, spelling mistakes, and all details, everything seems fine from my side. (even when filling the initial form at the beginning, it showed you are eligible to apply).

Any suggestions?
Bachelor is only 21 points so you have 66 points. So you would not be eligible.

Reactions: estceashzed

estceashzed

Feb 14, 2019
That's unfortunate. I thought it was 22 since many calculating platforms show bachelor as 22.

That being said, I have an aunt that is a citizen of Canada. does that count in Adaptability factor +5 ?

In any case, I will have the pass my French language test as soon as possible :)

perseus_r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
That's unfortunate. I thought it was 22 since many calculating platforms show bachelor as 22.

That being said, I have an aunt that is a citizen of Canada. does that count in Adaptability factor +5 ?

In any case, I will have the pass my French language test as soon as possible :)
You will need to make sure the person you claim points as your relative needs to be residing in Canada when you apply for your PR. You will also need to provide proof of the relationship, their status, and evidence of in Canada (utility bills with a Candian address).

estceashzed

Feb 14, 2019
You will need to make sure the person you claim points as your relative needs to be residing in Canada when you apply for your PR. You will also need to provide proof of the relationship, their status, and evidence of in Canada (utility bills with a Candian address).
Of course!
but why is my EE application not eligible if I score 71 points on the FSW (66 + 5). Did I miss something when answering the questions and filling the forms ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Of course!
but why is my EE application not eligible if I score 71 points on the FSW (66 + 5). Did I miss something when answering the questions and filling the forms ?
Must be answering a question(s) wrong. Do you have one year on continuous, skilled experience in one NOC? CLB 9 in all bands?

estceashzed

Feb 14, 2019
I have 1 year (actually 13 months) full-time continuous experience in a supervisory job: NOC B or TEER 2.
My IELTS results are: S 8 - L 8.5 - R 9 - W 7.5 so that's actually CLB 10

I will probably try again one more time just to be sure. Maybe I answered the relatives question wrong, its confusing whenever they ask about spouse/kids or brother/sister/uncles/aunts etc.