+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile Creation

sanmacviv

Jun 14, 2016
Hi,
Very soon would be creating an Express Entry profile for myself. Am currently working at Dubai,UAE in FMCG sector as Trade Marketing Executive & applying for PR- Federal Skilled Worker(FSW) Program to Canada. Have some queries as this is the initial stage of my decision to apply or not considering the possibility of bright future.

1) Should I also mention Spouse (currently living in India ) accompanying me in my profile creation? If so, she needs to answer IELTS & also have to complete ECA from , say WES Canada, is it right?

2) Does she need to show proof of work experience because she had done Bachelor of Physiotherapy(BPT) & Master in Social Work (MSW) both from Indian, but the work periods has been brief at each employer & haven't got any work experience letters.

3) If I do not include her & select as "SPOUSE NOT ACCOMPANYING" while creating profile , if later I get PR, how easy it is to apply for her Sponsorship to Canada or a Visit Visa (Multiple Entry).

4) Being in late 30's & having worked for past 8yrs in Fast Moving Consumer Goods(FMCG) sector in Dubai, UAE will there be chances of getting job calls from employers in Canada after I create the Express Entry profile.
Or is it a good idea to first create Express Entry profile, then say after 3-4months later during vacation time go on VISIT VISA, say for 1 month to Canada , give interviews there & return. This way I could meet potential employers or job consultants while on visit to Canada than to wait here expecting employers would pick my resume from "JOB BANK" or Career Sites like INDEED.CA and consider me for interview calls while am residing and working in Dubai. I read in this forum that Canadian Employers do not bother to call over interview(even Skype for that matter) if a person doesn't reside in Canada or doesn't have Canadian residence address mentioned in resume.

5) Other way around would be first go on Visit Visa (TRV) to Canada for 1 month, attend couple of interviews there, & if offered a job by Canadian employer return to Dubai and then create Express Entry profile & follow the usual steps to get PR. Will this method work?

6) Can I myself do all paper works, applying online or should I pay for Immigration Consultants based in United Arab Emirates. Will the consultant be of much help or can an applicant himself succeed in uploading or furnishing right documents.

7) If I end up with a CRS Score between 370-400 (not above 400) is there a probability of getting Invitation to Apply(ITA). What if my ranking falls around 420-430? Any chance of getting into Provincial Nominee Program(PNP) as well?

8) Since I would be the principal applicant will adding the education and work experience of spouse(wife) land me in better possibility of getting job calls? Will the employers in Canada check only principal applicant profile or does spouse details also get reflected?

Awaiting some right guidance before I start this program or even apply for IELTS exam or send my educational certificates for assessment to WES whereby I have to shell out good amount of money for all these.

Thanks & Rgds
Sanmacviv

pavanvk

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Toronto-Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Done....
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
14-11-2016
Add your spouse to your application while creating your profile. spousal sponsorship is a lengthy process and it will take about 13 months.
IRCC processing times - check this link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

if you get an ITA and applying with your spouse, both of you will get your PRs at the same time and that is the logical thing to do.

Also before creating your profile you can check your points using the below link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

this will give you the accurate points if you give accurate information - (do you have your IELTS General and WES copy ready)

do contact me if you have any further questions.

Cheers - RP

sanmacviv

Jun 14, 2016
Thanks..i did use CRS Tool with points possibly sweeping at around 425 only.I havent applied for IELTS or ECA but before venturing into it wanted to be sure if i stand any chance into getting a job in Canada.else 1yr having profile but no possibility of ITA would drain my accumulated extra funds.Also gave a random round to CRS Tool and without spouse added i land up at 425points but adding spouse it comes down to 422 where the IELTS score are hypothetical not actuals. Here in Middle East one can easily come on Visit for 3months, take some interviews and then get Employment Visa for 2-3yrs without much of a hassle which isnt at Canada
Hence not feeling confident to even create profile if my professional sector & my age doesnt match requirements over there in Canada.
If someone could throw some light on my query really appreciate
Thanks