+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Potential Application: Work Experience Eligibility Requirement Questions

Snape09

Star Member
Jul 21, 2022
Current Cut-Off Score in the last draw: 542

Here is my potential EE profile and CRS score:

MY potential score: 550; Profile: PhD, Bilingual, Master's from Canada;

I am saying "potential" because I haven't yet quite fulfilled the work experience eligibility requirement.

Work Experience in the US => I have TWO possibilities to fulfill this requirement, which has to be at least one-year of continuous work or equivalent in part-time.

A) From September 1 2021 to August 31 2022 => Full-Time Work as a Visiting Assistant Prof. at a Liberal Arts College in the US (Probably NOC 4021; but it could be 4011 because of my PhD education!!)

In this case, I have to wait one and a half months to apply.

B) From Fall 2018 to Spring 2020: I was a graduate instructor (NOC 4012)
(FOUR semesters, part-time work over TWO years) (exactly 1,560 hours over four semesters or 78 weeks; 20 hours/week; 780 for two semesters).

If I go with NOC 4012 as my primary occupation, I can go ahead and apply NOW.

Question #1: I am hesitating between waiting one and a half months to apply and applying now. THOUGHTS?? Advice??

Question #2: if I apply now (as a Graduate Instructor), would IRCC consider my application as misrepresentation since I am no longer a graduate instructor??

Questions #3: as graduate instructors in the US, we only work during FALLS and WINTERS. Summers are off. Would IRCC consider the summer breaks as interruptions, and therefore, I wouldn't fulfill the work experience "continuity" requirement??

Much thanks for the help!!