+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry post-ITA travel history. How to enter? Some questions

vympel001

Oct 23, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am filling in my travel history for the express entry post-ITA application. I have two questions and I would love to get someone to help out here -

1. If you have traveled to a country on a 10 day trip and have visited 3-4 cities, how should you enter it? Should I just put in Port of entry as the city? Or should I enter all cities? I have visited City A,B and C. So should I enter it A/B/C in the city/region area

2. "Provide details of any trips taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence in the last ten years"

I have lived in India from 2010-2017 and then from 2017 - Present in USA. While in USA, I have made multiple short trips to India for 2-3 weeks. How should I enter my travel history as the above statement mentions that any trips outside country of residence and citizenship need to be mentioned. So technically, I should just have one single entry in my travel history where I have visited USA from 2017-Present.

Please advise here

Thanks

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hello everyone,

I am filling in my travel history for the express entry post-ITA application. I have two questions and I would love to get someone to help out here -

1. If you have traveled to a country on a 10 day trip and have visited 3-4 cities, how should you enter it? Should I just put in Port of entry as the city? Or should I enter all cities? I have visited City A,B and C. So should I enter it A/B/C in the city/region area

2. "Provide details of any trips taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence in the last ten years"

I have lived in India from 2010-2017 and then from 2017 - Present in USA. While in USA, I have made multiple short trips to India for 2-3 weeks. How should I enter my travel history as the above statement mentions that any trips outside country of residence and citizenship need to be mentioned. So technically, I should just have one single entry in my travel history where I have visited USA from 2017-Present.

Please advise here

Thanks
1. If it’s the same country, just port of entry is fine.
2. No need to mention trips between country of residence and citizenship, even the first one.

vympel001

Oct 23, 2020
Thanks! I have a couple of follow up questions

1. What if Port of Entry was not the main city I was visiting. I entered port of entry and stayed at a small town 200 miles away. I did not live in the Port of Entry. Asking so that there is no discrepancy with my visa stamp

2. My travels were like this

2017 - Travelled to USA for job and set up residence
2019 - travelled to India for 2 weeks
2019 - Present - Living in USA at residence

So you are saying I don't need to put any entries for this full trip?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thanks! I have a couple of follow up questions

1. What if Port of Entry was not the main city I was visiting. I entered port of entry and stayed at a small town 200 miles away. I did not live in the Port of Entry. Asking so that there is no discrepancy with my visa stamp

2. My travels were like this

2017 - Travelled to USA for job and set up residence
2019 - travelled to India for 2 weeks
2019 - Present - Living in USA at residence

So you are saying I don't need to put any entries for this full trip?
1. Not sure on this one. Wait for others.
2. I didn’t mention it in my travel history since the instructions in that page were clear. I did, however, put my travels between country of citizenship and residence in my LOE. I didn’t get any ADRs or questions from IRCC. Good luck.

Zozulia

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Need advice!
1. Country of origin - Ukraine
2. Lived in Poland for 1 year while studying (so was my country of residence) and have a bunch of stamps as I was going back home every month to visit
3. Currently leaving in Canada (current country of residence) and went home twice so far to visit

so under my travel history, I don’t have to mention travels between country of origin (Ukraine) and country of residence- BUT!! Do they mean only current country of residence (Canada) or it includes previous country of residence as well (Poland)?
Basically, do I need to mention all of my 20 stamps between Ukraine and Poland while I was a student there (as Poland used to be my country of residence)

please help!!! Thanks!

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
Need advice!
1. Country of origin - Ukraine
2. Lived in Poland for 1 year while studying (so was my country of residence) and have a bunch of stamps as I was going back home every month to visit
3. Currently leaving in Canada (current country of residence) and went home twice so far to visit

so under my travel history, I don’t have to mention travels between country of origin (Ukraine) and country of residence- BUT!! Do they mean only current country of residence (Canada) or it includes previous country of residence as well (Poland)?
Basically, do I need to mention all of my 20 stamps between Ukraine and Poland while I was a student there (as Poland used to be my country of residence)

please help!!! Thanks!
Hi ,what did you finally write as I have a similar question