+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Plan - Remote Work

FatimaEman

Nov 30, 2019
Hi,

I'm working remotely full time with a Canadian Agency. I want to apply for Express Entry. My question is

1. What would be the procedure for my employer if he wants to send me a job letter to come and work in Canada with him?
2. Will my remote work be counted as an experience too? As if I count my remote work experience then it makes a year of my work experience that is required for Express Entry. I'm working full time remote job.

Please help me out what could be the possibility for me? Do I only need an offer letter from my employer or a proper work permit? And what is the process for me and him to go through?

Looking forward for your kind res responses.

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I'm working remotely full time with a Canadian Agency. I want to apply for Express Entry. My question is

1. What would be the procedure for my employer if he wants to send me a job letter to come and work in Canada with him?
2. Will my remote work be counted as an experience too? As if I count my remote work experience then it makes a year of my work experience that is required for Express Entry. I'm working full time remote job.

Please help me out what could be the possibility for me? Do I only need an offer letter from my employer or a proper work permit? And what is the process for me and him to go through?

Looking forward for your kind res responses.

Thank you.
1. Your employer needs to give you a job offer letter and also obtain an approved LMIA. The LMIA process typically takes several months to complete. Once the LMIA is approved, you can then apply for a work permit (you need a work permit to be able to work in Canada).
2. Your remote work will be counted as work experience - however not as Canadian work experience.

FatimaEman

Nov 30, 2019
1. Your employer needs to give you a job offer letter and also obtain an approved LMIA. The LMIA process typically takes several months to complete. Once the LMIA is approved, you can then apply for a work permit (you need a work permit to be able to work in Canada).
2. Your remote work will be counted as work experience - however not as Canadian work experience.
Thank you Scylla.Are there any chances for my acceptance from LMIA? I'm working as Coordinator and the province is Ontario. I saw on NOC, there wasn't any demand for this post in that province, thet require web development, software professionals. Since my degree is in Business Administration so in what areas can I apply in Ontario and what can my employer do for me regarding this?