+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry or Spousal Sponsorship

henu

Jan 15, 2018
Hi all. Need your advice.
I recently got married and will apply for my PR through spousal sponsorship but at the same time I have one year experience as a supervisor for security guards (NOC 6316) to which I can apply through express entry.
Any idea which one takes less time to process?

Thanks

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi all. Need your advice.
I recently got married and will apply for my PR through spousal sponsorship but at the same time I have one year experience as a supervisor for security guards (NOC 6316) to which I can apply through express entry.
Any idea which one takes less time to process?

Thanks
The current processing times for spousal sponsorship applications is 12 months from receipt of all documents (according to the IRCC's website). The current average processing time for 80% of express entry applications (once all documents have been received) is 6 months or less. I'm not as familiar with the spousal sponsorship process but there are different requirements for each (for example, your spouse may need to prove a certain income to sponsor you, although I'm not 100% sure about this, while, for Express Entry, you'll have to take a language test and have any foreign educational credentials assessed, which can add time on to the whole process). Also, you need to have a high enough CRS score under Express Entry to be granted an invitation to apply for permanent residency, whereas I don't think this requirement exists under spousal sponsorship.