+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Online Application: Permanent Residency

emschnoor

Feb 5, 2015
On my CIC online application for permanent residency there is a document checklist, one of the items listed is a 'Letter of Employment', yet there is no explanation of what this document is. I looked on the CIC website and couldn't find a description. What does this Letter of Employment need to include?

Also, for each of my previous employers it asks for a letter of reference and pay stubs. What if I am unable to get in contact with a former employer, but I have my pay stubs? is that sufficient?

Thank you!!

Champ16

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emschnoor said:
On my CIC online application for permanent residency there is a document checklist, one of the items listed is a 'Letter of Employment', yet there is no explanation of what this document is. I looked on the CIC website and couldn't find a description. What does this Letter of Employment need to include?

Also, for each of my previous employers it asks for a letter of reference and pay stubs. What if I am unable to get in contact with a former employer, but I have my pay stubs? is that sufficient?

Thank you!!
I may answer the first part of your question.

Letter of employment is your Offer Letter in same companies Offer letter with Employment Contract.

On company letter pad
Your Name and Address in some cases
Date of Hiring
Your Package $$$
You Job Duties