+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - Medical Exam again after Medical Exam for Work Permit

srdto1012

Dec 9, 2019
Hello,

I and my wife both came to Canada as students and recently finished our studies. My wife is a medical field professional and hence after completing her studies she did her Medical Upfront Exam while applying for her Work Permit. I work for Information Technology field and hence did not do medical exam as it was not compulsory for me while applying for my work permit.

We both now qualify for applying for Express Entry (we are currently in Canada) and wondering if my wife needs to retake a Medical Exam even though her results for previously medical exam are just 6 months old? I am certain that I'll have to get my medical exam done as I do not have any medical exam done in the last 1 year.

I am the primary applicant on the application and showing my wife as a dependent applicant on the application. Should we be doing Upfront Medical (if required in her case) or should we wait for a medical exam request from CIC?

Please help. Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I and my wife both came to Canada as students and recently finished our studies. My wife is a medical field professional and hence after completing her studies she did her Medical Upfront Exam while applying for her Work Permit. I work for Information Technology field and hence did not do medical exam as it was not compulsory for me while applying for my work permit.

We both now qualify for applying for Express Entry (we are currently in Canada) and wondering if my wife needs to retake a Medical Exam even though her results for previously medical exam are just 6 months old? I am certain that I'll have to get my medical exam done as I do not have any medical exam done in the last 1 year.

I am the primary applicant on the application and showing my wife as a dependent applicant on the application. Should we be doing Upfront Medical (if required in her case) or should we wait for a medical exam request from CIC?

Please help. Thank you!
She can use the same medical. You need to do an upfront medical.