+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EXPRESS ENTRY LMIA - QUESTION

naga.msbi

Jan 29, 2014
Hi,
I'm in canada from August 2013. When I came to this country my employer provided me unnamed LMO (Labour Market Opnion). My visa expires in May 2015.

I applied Express Entry I got basic eligible to apply but problem is i got 229 points with out LMIA ... As we know its very hard to get Invitation from CIC . So Inorder to get Invitation I can only see I need LMIA from employer ..

I requested my employer I don't know is it easy to get LMIA at this point of time and also if any knows whats the processing time for LMIA if my employer willing to sponsor .

does any one knows how it works. Currently I get 35$ per hr..

thanks

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
I think with LMO; you can get 600 points. There are lots of people who have applied with LMOs; so track their progress and then apply.

naga.msbi

Jan 29, 2014
EEKnowledge said:
I think with LMO; you can get 600 points. There are lots of people who have applied with LMOs; so track their progress and then apply.
Thanks. for the reply..

While filing it just LMIA option it doesnt show LMO option..

In express entry they only allow LMIA..

Ok if you say they accept LMO then I've valid LMO till May 2015. I need more replies Can I use my existing valid LMO as LMIA and claim points

forever21

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
According to this source LMIA = LMO

''Is the worker currently in Canada under a positive LMIA/LMO?

If yes, skip to candidate steps
If no, an LMIA is required. Continue with employer steps''

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/employers/express-entry-presentation-fall2014.asp

anoirmimi

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
naga.msbi said:
Thanks. for the reply..

While filing it just LMIA option it doesnt show LMO option..

In express entry they only allow LMIA..

Ok if you say they accept LMO then I've valid LMO till May 2015. I need more replies Can I use my existing valid LMO as LMIA and claim points
Hey bro really you miss every thing you are good to go Iam same your boat wow really lost your chance to get Ira for first draw much bettre to contact asap to consultans do it fast with old lmo you are good

naga.msbi

Jan 29, 2014
anoirmimi said:
Hey bro really you miss every thing you are good to go Iam same your boat wow really lost your chance to get Ira for first draw much bettre to contact asap to consultans do it fast with old lmo you are good
Yeah I want to share my experience . with your advice I applied with LMO and I got 829 points ..

Thank you very much for providing the valuable information here....

king5

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Hi naga,
Lmo is fine.u will get a 600 points.apply for education credential to increase your points. Atleast if u get a one year post secondary credential,you will get 90 points,so hurry up.DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME

naga.msbi

Jan 29, 2014
king5 said:
Hi naga,
Lmo is fine.u will get a 600 points.apply for education credential to increase your points. Atleast if u get a one year post secondary credential,you will get 90 points,so hurry up.DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME
Thanks with LMO I already got points 600 and last week I sent all my education documents to get ECA to WES ..hopefully I will receive in couple of weeks time so that I can increase some points.

Thanks for the response.