+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry ITA and Paper based PNP application at the same time

Ravi123456

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I have been living and working in Saskatchewan for the Last 1.5 year in a Job that comes under NOC 2171. My CRS score was 443 before the new changes in the express entry. At that time I didn’t have a chance to get ITA through EE and my PGWP was expiring in Oct 2016. There is no extension for PGWP. So, I applied for SINP- International Skilled Worker Employment Offer category. At this point I was thinking once I get nominated through the SINP I can go through EE and my EE score will become 1043 (443+600). Luckily I got nominated. Happily, I filled out EE profile indicating I have a PNP nomination form Saskatchewan. CIC told me that Saskatchewan has to let CIC know about my nomination. I called SINP to ask them to call CIC and let them know of my nomination. To my shock Huh I came to know that my SINP nomination cannot be used for Express Entry. If I want to apply through EE and get the 600 points then I have to apply under SINP-Express Entry Stream. I came to know that that stream takes application only for one or two days in a year or so and I missed the deadline. CIC made my profile ineligible after 30 days.

I filled out the Paper based PNP application and sent it to Novascotia, Sydney (Oct 7, 2106). My PGWP is expiring on Oct 15,2016. I realized the paper based PNP processing time is 16 months, during which time I can only work for my current employer. Then came the EE changes and due to my Canadian education and Canadian experience my score reached to 473.

I can never use my current nomination to get 600 points in EE (because SINP wont acknowledge to CIC). So in the next 4-5 draws If I get ITA, I want to accept it and put an application forth for EE. At that point I will have two applications in process. I don’t want to withdraw any of them without having to confirm the other one will definitely give me PR.

I assume this is a common scenario with international-students who are working in Canada for two years in a Skilled job. So my wondering is

1) Can I have both the application in process at the same time? Will this process create any unexpected/unwanted problems?
2) If I ever have to withdraw application, at what stage will I need to withdraw application?
3) will CIC gently ask to continue with one application or abruptly rejects the application? I am scared what if both of them gets rejected like that, pointing to the other application?

Can someone shed some light on this process.

Thanks
Ravi

darkenny

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
Hi,

Just wondering if you ever got a response to this elsewhere or can anyone shed more light?

Ravi123456 said:
Hello Everyone,

I have been living and working in Saskatchewan for the Last 1.5 year in a Job that comes under NOC 2171. My CRS score was 443 before the new changes in the express entry. At that time I didn’t have a chance to get ITA through EE and my PGWP was expiring in Oct 2016. There is no extension for PGWP. So, I applied for SINP- International Skilled Worker Employment Offer category. At this point I was thinking once I get nominated through the SINP I can go through EE and my EE score will become 1043 (443+600). Luckily I got nominated. Happily, I filled out EE profile indicating I have a PNP nomination form Saskatchewan. CIC told me that Saskatchewan has to let CIC know about my nomination. I called SINP to ask them to call CIC and let them know of my nomination. To my shock Huh I came to know that my SINP nomination cannot be used for Express Entry. If I want to apply through EE and get the 600 points then I have to apply under SINP-Express Entry Stream. I came to know that that stream takes application only for one or two days in a year or so and I missed the deadline. CIC made my profile ineligible after 30 days.

I filled out the Paper based PNP application and sent it to Novascotia, Sydney (Oct 7, 2106). My PGWP is expiring on Oct 15,2016. I realized the paper based PNP processing time is 16 months, during which time I can only work for my current employer. Then came the EE changes and due to my Canadian education and Canadian experience my score reached to 473.

I can never use my current nomination to get 600 points in EE (because SINP wont acknowledge to CIC). So in the next 4-5 draws If I get ITA, I want to accept it and put an application forth for EE. At that point I will have two applications in process. I don’t want to withdraw any of them without having to confirm the other one will definitely give me PR.

I assume this is a common scenario with international-students who are working in Canada for two years in a Skilled job. So my wondering is

1) Can I have both the application in process at the same time? Will this process create any unexpected/unwanted problems?
2) If I ever have to withdraw application, at what stage will I need to withdraw application?
3) will CIC gently ask to continue with one application or abruptly rejects the application? I am scared what if both of them gets rejected like that, pointing to the other application?

Can someone shed some light on this process.

Thanks
Ravi