+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry FSW ineligibility problem

mukson

Sep 7, 2016
Hi There,

I am new to this forum. I have been glued to my computer for 2 days now trying to find a solution to why my express entry profile keeps coming back as ineligible and I am still not sure. Please advise me if you know how to.

I am aiming to apply through FSW program.

*I have ECA for my 4 year bachelor degree.

*I have CELPIP scores of L 11, W 8, S 9 R 12.

*I have a common law partner that brings us only 5 points through Canadian Experience.

*I have almost 2 years of non continuous full time Canadian work experience in the last 4 years. I worked with LMIA supported work permits, NOC # is in B. That would have counted towards CEC but unfortunately I got paid as a contractor instead of employee for the majority of hours, which is why I need to apply through FSW.

*I have over a year of full time continuous work experience from back home in NOC 0.

*I do not have sufficient funds but...

*I currently live and work as an employee in BC, NOC B (same as my Canadian work experience), with a Work Permit limited to my employer and supported by LMIA. And...

*I have a permanent job offer from the same employer in case I get PR. (here I do not hold LMIA for a job offer but to my understanding I don't need one if I currently work for this employer under LMIA supported work permit).

My calculations give me a score of well over 70 but Express entry refuses my profile even before it would calculate the score for me.

Now please tell me why would I be inadmissible?

My theories are these:

1) My only continuous full time work experience of over 1 year is in NOC 0, while my job offer is in NOC B. Does that matter?

2) I ticked NO for this question: Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? I believe that is OK though since profile does ask me whether I work for the same employer with LMIA supported permit that gave me a permanent job offer.

3) Is it possible that not having sufficient funds is a problem because I don't have a specific LMIA for the job offer, even though I technically don't need it because of my status here my job offer is valid.

I honestly cannot see what else it could be. Please help if you have experience and advise me on the next step. I am quite desperate. Thank you!

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mukson said:
Hi There,

I am new to this forum. I have been glued to my computer for 2 days now trying to find a solution to why my express entry profile keeps coming back as ineligible and I am still not sure. Please advise me if you know how to.

I am aiming to apply through FSW program.

*I have ECA for my 4 year bachelor degree.

*I have CELPIP scores of L 11, W 8, S 9 R 12.

*I have a common law partner that brings us only 5 points through Canadian Experience.

*I have almost 2 years of non continuous full time Canadian work experience in the last 4 years. I worked with LMIA supported work permits, NOC # is in B. That would have counted towards CEC but unfortunately I got paid as a contractor instead of employee for the majority of hours, which is why I need to apply through FSW.

*I have over a year of full time continuous work experience from back home in NOC 0.

*I do not have sufficient funds but...

*I currently live and work as an employee in BC, NOC B (same as my Canadian work experience), with a Work Permit limited to my employer and supported by LMIA. And...

*I have a permanent job offer from the same employer in case I get PR. (here I do not hold LMIA for a job offer but to my understanding I don't need one if I currently work for this employer under LMIA supported work permit).

My calculations give me a score of well over 70 but Express entry refuses my profile even before it would calculate the score for me.

Now please tell me why would I be inadmissible?

My theories are these:

1) My only continuous full time work experience of over 1 year is in NOC 0, while my job offer is in NOC B. Does that matter?

2) I ticked NO for this question: Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? I believe that is OK though since profile does ask me whether I work for the same employer with LMIA supported permit that gave me a permanent job offer.

3) Is it possible that not having sufficient funds is a problem because I don't have a specific LMIA for the job offer, even though I technically don't need it because of my status here my job offer is valid.

I honestly cannot see what else it could be. Please help if you have experience and advise me on the next step. I am quite desperate. Thank you!
Pretty sure that's your problem.
Try changing one of these 2 answers, and see if it accepts your profile.