+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry for Indian CA candidates

Jun 30, 2022
Hello Community,

I am a practising CA running my private practice for last 2 years in India. I am married and I am exploring Canada for immigration. I am curious to understand the EE process for CA candidates doing private practice. I am listing down my questions here.

1) I am doing a private practice after I obtained my CA license. I am wondering how my work experience is perceived for immigration? What would be the documents that I need to produce to show my work experience?

2) Do my article-ship experience count as a regular work experience?

3) I read on certain forums that in NA, CPA is a recognized title. Should I complete CPA and then apply for EE?

4) has anyone applied for EE in this situation? If yes, I would like to get in touch to understand the process better.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,
Haresh

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hello Community,

I am a practising CA running my private practice for last 2 years in India. I am married and I am exploring Canada for immigration. I am curious to understand the EE process for CA candidates doing private practice. I am listing down my questions here.

1) I am doing a private practice after I obtained my CA license. I am wondering how my work experience is perceived for immigration? What would be the documents that I need to produce to show my work experience?

2) Do my article-ship experience count as a regular work experience?

3) I read on certain forums that in NA, CPA is a recognized title. Should I complete CPA and then apply for EE?

4) has anyone applied for EE in this situation? If yes, I would like to get in touch to understand the process better.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,
Haresh
Yes, you can apply for Canada PR as a CA.

1) You're just 1 year short of fetching the 3 years work experience pts i.e. 25 pts. So, your points will be affected. You need to show minimum 1 year of continuous experience in order to be eligible and 3 years or above for getting the relevant score boost.

2) Yes, articleship experience is considered as regular experience.

3) Not necessary

4) There are many who applied with similar profile in past and have already landed in Canada or about to do so.