+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Experience

rnahalbar

Jun 30, 2021
Hi,
I hope you can help me. I have more than 10 years of Noc A work experience at my home country. We entered on April 2019 to Canada with student visa. Now I have 8 month of work experience in the same NOC at Canada. Can I answer this question: "In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation " more than 3 years? or my break from April 2019 to November 2020 is consumed as break and I need to answer under 1 year?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If for FSW, you need one year continuous (no breaks), skilled experience in one NOC. You can count your foreign experience if within last three years.

Reactions: rnahalbar

rnahalbar

Jun 30, 2021
If for FSW, you need one year continuous (no breaks), skilled experience in one NOC. You can count your foreign experience if within last three years.
Thanks for your response. Actually I want to be in express entry pool but I don't have 1 year Canadian experience yet so I can't be in CEC and not in FSW because my work experience isn't continues due to my study in Canada. is there any other way that I can create express entry profile? or I need to wait for 1 year Canadian experience?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your response. Actually I want to be in express entry pool but I don't have 1 year Canadian experience yet so I can't be in CEC and not in FSW because my work experience isn't continues due to my study in Canada. is there any other way that I can create express entry profile? or I need to wait for 1 year Canadian experience?
You need to wait for one year for CEC. Or get nominated by a province that is directly through a province not through EE.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
You do say you have 10 years experience in NOC A(Outside Canada). EE minimum requirement is 1 year continuous work experience in the primary NOC. Any disruption after 1 year continuous is not considered and you can claim the subsequent work experience under FSW.