+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Eligibility wizard question confusion

Bangladeshi_boy

Star Member
Apr 15, 2018
When checking for Eligibility for express entry, one of the first questions that come up is:

"In the last three years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have in Canada? It must have been full-time (or an equal amount in part time). (required) "

Then the next question that comes up is: "During this period, which TEER of the National Occupation Classification (NOC) is most of the experience in?". And they provide the options all the way from Teer 0 to Teer 5.

Now, I have 1+ years of experience in a Teer 4 job in Canada. From what I understand, Teer 4 and Teer 5 are "unskilled" job (only Teer 0-3 counts as skilled). So my job in Canada doesn't fall under skilled work experience. So should I choose "None" as the answer and continue? However, they did put Teer 4 & 5 as options in the next question where they ask which Teer your experience fall under. So can I choose 1+ year and then put Teer 4 there? If I do that, they do say I am eligible and give me the eligibility code, but I am confused if it's valid because actually the job is unskilled, so I am afraid if it will cause issue later.

Or do you think it's better to put "None" as the answer there as my job is unskilled? It's no issue as I do have skilled job experience in my home country (which they ask in next question), and that also gives me eligibility code.

My point is, if they are asking about skilled job experience, they shouldn't have put Teer 4 and Teer 5 as options there at all as they are not considered skilled. This makes the issue complicated. please clarify.