+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Applicant

Aug 11, 2018
I recently did the landing procedure here in Canada and I want to post my experience and timeline for future applicants.
I came here in Canada to Ottawa in 2016 as a Masters Student from India, I had around 1 year 9 months of work experience before coming here. Finished my Masters, gave IELTS in Dec 2017 and got 8.5 band overall.
I got my 3 year work permit in February 2018 based on the Masters.
Decided to take the safer route of PR application by applying for Ontario PNP for Masters student, but the window opens very rarely and just for hours. In fact one of the window open and closed when I was giving a job interview. That time I decided to apply through express entry. My score was 486 based on experience and IELTS score.
Created my Express Entry profile on 12 Apr 2018, recieved invitation in next draw. Started to collect all my documents including experience letter, PCC and stuffs (medicals). I was still waiting for my Masters degree which was to be mailed after convocation in June. On 20 June 2018 I submitted all my documents and paid the fees.
Got the passport request on 2 Aug 2018. Submitted my passport the same day, it came back with Visa stamped and Copr on 8 Aug 2018.
Did the landing procedure on 11 Aug 2018 at Sarnia border. Took around an hour from entry at US side to getting out from CBSA office.
Linked the paper application to my online account the same day.
Thanks
You can post your questions and I will try to help.

Reactions: Partyman90