+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry apalication and expiring work permit

cusackconal

Jan 11, 2023
Hi all,
My job was meant to be sponsoring me but i just found out the immigration lawyer has done nothing. This has left me with a month (work permit expires on 13 February) to get everything in order myself. I've created an express entry profile and added my spouse ect but am only getting a CRS score of 366? We have both been working full time in Hospitality Management for the two years we've been here and have 8+ years of experience outside of Canada. I have a second level education and my spouse has 2 degrees, I completed the IELTS test with a overall score of 8.2 and my spouse has not taken the test yet. I am 25(M) my spouse is 26(F)

Does the CRS make sense? as many of the category's show a score of 0. The spouse section only shows 5 points for education and nothing else.

Additionally I'm confused weather i should apply for a BOWP or a work permit extinction.

Any advice would be massively appreciated as I'm struggling to find solid info.
Thanks in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,
My job was meant to be sponsoring me but i just found out the immigration lawyer has done nothing. This has left me with a month (work permit expires on 13 February) to get everything in order myself. I've created an express entry profile and added my spouse ect but am only getting a CRS score of 366? We have both been working full time in Hospitality Management for the two years we've been here and have 8+ years of experience outside of Canada. I have a second level education and my spouse has 2 degrees, I completed the IELTS test with a overall score of 8.2 and my spouse has not taken the test yet. I am 25(M) my spouse is 26(F)

Does the CRS make sense? as many of the category's show a score of 0. The spouse section only shows 5 points for education and nothing else.

Additionally I'm confused weather i should apply for a BOWP or a work permit extinction.

Any advice would be massively appreciated as I'm struggling to find solid info.
Thanks in advance
What type of permit are you on? How are you eligible for an extension> A BOWP is for those who have been nominated or invited through EE or PNP.

Can’t comment on your score because don’t know your profile. Post your profile. Do you have ECAs for foreign degrees?

Reactions: cz999