+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry and India travel

neha.palia

Dec 18, 2012
Hi.
My husband and I have applied for express entry and hoping that we might get an invitation to apply. The issue is we will be travelling to India soon and post ITA we are required to get the police verification done .
For the police verification we will have to submit our passports which we can't do because of our travel plans to India.
Can we get the police verification from India , what's the process and how long will it take?
Same is for medical.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
You can choose to apply for your Indian PCC after you return from your India tour, assuming that it is just a short 2 to 3 weeks tour.

Else, you may apply for Indian PCC at your nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) during your stay in India but with 100% assurance that you would get back your passports along with the PCC before you need to travel back to your current country of residence.

I feel that you may receive your PCC faster from the Indian embassy of your current country of residence than you would receive it from PSK.
This is my personal opinion as per my observation and experience.
I received my Indian PCC in just 3 working days from the Indian Embassy in Bahrain, whereas it would have taken more time to obtain the same from PSK, if I would have applied for it during my visit to India.

neha.palia

Dec 18, 2012
Thanks for the reply.
The problem here is I will stay in India for around 2 months. And if we get our ITA we will have 2 months to upload our docs.
I read somewhere that we can get PCC from SP of our city in India.
What about the medical . Can I get it from India too??

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neha.palia said:
Thanks for the reply.
The problem here is I will stay in India for around 2 months. And if we get our ITA we will have 2 months to upload our docs.
I read somewhere that we can get PCC from SP of our city in India.
What about the medical . Can I get it from India too??
You do also have the option of rejecting your ITA near the 60 day limit...so it'll essentially "reset" the amount of days you have left on the next invitation. Would buy you some time....but you should only do that if you're sure that you will get an ITA in subsequent draws. With that you may need to update some of your documentation (bank statement, medical, etc) when you decide to apply again though. Just a thought...

neha.palia

Dec 18, 2012
Can we get the PCC from our local police station done while our stay in India ? If yes, how long this process will take?

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
neha.palia said:
Can we get the PCC from our local police station done while our stay in India ? If yes, how long this process will take?
PCC in psk is very quick..i think you get it almost immediately.. The time with police station will depend..on your contacts...you may have to pay some bribe to expedite.... Indian high commission may be able to return your passport in between in UK for example it takes 4weeks to get the PCC but in between if you need the passport you can ask emabasy to return it..check with your. Embassy generally they r helpfull.

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
Medical can be done anywhere I had called CIC and confirmed... It is very chep to do in India 3k inr..you should do it from India if possible..it cost me 300£ here in UK.. :'(

tozach

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
PCC via the Passport seva kendra is very quick. You can apply online and have the documents ready. You can also book your appointment in advance and choose a time convenient for you depending on the availability. It would only take a couple of hours at the PSK on the day of appointment. That was my personal experience.

tozach

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
deyka said:
it cost me 300£ here in UK.. :'(
hello. Was it £300 per person. If it is £300 per head, I might as well make a trip to India for that ;D when I have to do it.

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
tozach said:
hello. Was it £300 per person. If it is £300 per head, I might as well make a trip to India for that ;D when I have to do it.
yep 300 per person.. 150 for kid..I almost booked ticket for India..but then some work commitment came in between..

maya_india

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
its better to take PCC from passport office u will get same day.. and from sp office it takes one to two week.. and about medicals u can do cic accredited doctors in india .. it in mumbai delhi hyderbad chennai banglore ahamedabd chardigarh.. only thing is u have book an appointment