+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry and CRS

ADC

May 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding CRS points. I am currently on a PWGP, however it expires mid December. I have studied in Canada and graduated with a Bachelor's degree. I worked in HR for 2 years and after that I was laid off for almost 8 months. I created my Express Entry profile and currently I have 499 points. However, I just got a job offer for a full time permanent HR position, but it is not LMIA supported. I updated my Express Entry profile but the score didn't change, I was expecting to get an additional 50 points, and have a score of 549. However, I think unless my job offer is LMIA supported, I do not get extra points. Can someone clarify this for me please? I would have to consider PNP to increase my chances of being selected for an application but looking at the processing times, I am afraid that will be an issue.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You need a LMIA from your employer to get the 50 points. The LMIA proves that no Canadian or PR has the experience and education to do the job. What PNP program are you eligible for?

ADC

May 28, 2018
I am eligible for Foreign Worker Stream and Human Capital Stream. I am not sure if I am eligible for any other ones, such as in-demand skills or international student stream, considering I graduated 3 years ago.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am eligible for Foreign Worker Stream and Human Capital Stream. I am not sure if I am eligible for any other ones, such as in-demand skills or international student stream, considering I graduated 3 years ago.
So you are in Ontario. Check draws for In Demand Skills with OINP score and NOC. For International student, you must have graduated within last 2 years.