+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - Advises ....

Alimadhu

Aug 1, 2024
Hi everyone,

I was enrolled in a master's program and got a full-time (40 hours per week) NOC job when I was a student because the restrictions were lifted. I applied for the PGWP in December. I now have 1 year and 8 months of Canadian work experience.

I'm currently filling out my Express Entry profile and have a question:

Regarding the question about studying full-time while working, the rule is that a person must be in class at least 15 hours per week during the academic year to be considered a full-time student. This includes any period of workplace training that's part of the study program.

I'm unsure whether to select 'Yes' or 'No' for this question.

- If I select 'Yes,' I become eligible for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
- If I select 'No,' I am not eligible for the CEC. However, my concern is that selecting 'No' doesn't give me any points for the Canadian work experience I gained during my studies, which affects my score under the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

Additionally, I have 4 years of foreign work experience, and the points for that section also decrease when I select 'No.'

Any advice on how to proceed?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I was enrolled in a master's program and got a full-time (40 hours per week) NOC job when I was a student because the restrictions were lifted. I applied for the PGWP in December. I now have 1 year and 8 months of Canadian work experience.

I'm currently filling out my Express Entry profile and have a question:

Regarding the question about studying full-time while working, the rule is that a person must be in class at least 15 hours per week during the academic year to be considered a full-time student. This includes any period of workplace training that's part of the study program.

I'm unsure whether to select 'Yes' or 'No' for this question.

- If I select 'Yes,' I become eligible for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
- If I select 'No,' I am not eligible for the CEC. However, my concern is that selecting 'No' doesn't give me any points for the Canadian work experience I gained during my studies, which affects my score under the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

Additionally, I have 4 years of foreign work experience, and the points for that section also decrease when I select 'No.'

Any advice on how to proceed?
Read the responses to your previous posts. You do not qualify for CEC. Work experience gained during your studies cannot be counted as Canadian work experience.

You cannot claim Canadian experience points for this work.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Alimadhu

Aug 1, 2024

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply, I am talking about the FSWP,
Yes, I understand that. You cannot claim Canadian work experience points for the work experience you gained while studying.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay