+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

explination letter of overstay

MizzM

Jul 6, 2017
hello all,
due to a series of unfortunate events partially my new husbands fault and partially not he overstayed his visa :( now we are legally married and are applying for PR. In the application it asks for a letter of explination as to why he overstayed. Anyone know what they are looking for? We will obviously tell them the truth but ultimately he should have left after the issues came up with his visa extension application and simply put he didn't. long story short, he paid a 3rd party to submit the proper documentations to extend his work visa for a second time, the 3rd Party never submitted the application (although they took his money :mad:) and him and his family did not find out that nothing had been done until very last minute. So then his aunt panicked and submitted it incorrectly ultimately causing a visa extension denial. once the Denial came they didnt know what to do and then time ran out to appeal or resubmit. Then they honestly had no clue what to do they went back and forth and he finally decided it was best to leave and attempt to come back one day. But before he could gather the funds to leave and work out logistics to be safe upon his return (shelter job ect.) he met me..... It was very much a love at first sight thing for both of us (anyone who spends an hour with us would agree.... lol we are THAT couple everyone loves to hate cuz we are stupidly happy lol) we talked about both of us leaving and going to his country but the health care is not very good and I have Multiple Sclerosis so it wouldnt be smart for me to go. we got married thos past summer infront of 125 of our friends and family and will have zero issues proving our relationship, but he just doesnt know what to say in the explination letter. we can't afford an immigration lawyer since he doesnt work..... I already had to take on a second job to better be able to support us both! Any help would be gre