+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expiring PGWP. Possibly options to remain in Canada?

Khokodile

Dec 15, 2012
Heres my girlfriend's situation and I would greatly appreciate input.

She came to Canada(Toronto) in 2008 for high school and has remained here ever since completing a 4 year undergraduate program after which she did a 1.5 year diploma program. Apparently due to the long gap between her undergraduate program and diploma program, when she applied for her PGWP after her diploma she was only grated it for 1 year.

Now her WP is expiring soon and I understand she requires an positive LMIA for her to continue working. She's working for a small company and it seems unlikely the company will be able to apply for an LMIA for her due to the minimum wage requirements. She's also tried the express entry route but that did not work out

I would really appreciate a senior members thoughts and inputs as to options she can take to continue working and living in this country she has called home for many years.

1) Would the PNP for ontario work for her?
2) I am currently a student and a Canadian Citizen. Is there anyway I can sponsor her even though I am not currently working?

Thank you for your time.

A.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) How many points does she have under Express Entry? If she has at least 400 points and at least one year of skilled work experience, then she may qualify for Ontario PNP. More details here: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_QUALIFY.html
2) You can sponsor her if you are married or common law (common law means you have lived together for a minimum of one year).

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, she should've applied for WP when she graduated from her 4 year program, she would've gotten a 3 year PGWP... talk about spilling the milk! Is she eligible for CEC? She would need at least one year full-time skilled work experience. If she is eligible, all is not lost; she sounds eligible for the Ontario EE nominee program. Create an EE profile and apply for nomination when you receive invitation from Ontario to apply.