+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expiring pgwp and PR spousal sponsorship

Sharondiana89

Nov 2, 2023
I had submitted a PR application through common-law spousal sponsorship and is still awaiting the AOR presently on a post-graduation open work permit set to expire in January 2024. Based on research, obtaining the AOR can take several weeks or months, and without it, i cannot apply for an open work permit. I am currently employed and keen on avoiding any situation that would require me to leave the country. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I had submitted a PR application through common-law spousal sponsorship and is still awaiting the AOR presently on a post-graduation open work permit set to expire in January 2024. Based on research, obtaining the AOR can take several weeks or months, and without it, i cannot apply for an open work permit. I am currently employed and keen on avoiding any situation that would require me to leave the country. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
You should have AOR before your PGWP expires. If not, apply to change your status to visitor before the PGWP expires. You will need to stop working as soon as your PGWP expires but will be able to remain in Canada.

Reactions: YVR123

Oladimeji2208

Apr 10, 2021
Hi, did you apply for the visitor record and how did it go?