+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expert opinions welcome!

poiuut

Feb 20, 2009
Dear PMM, Robsluv, Wongn, MathewC, everyone,

Thanks in advance. First post here, everyone seems expert - hope we all get in!

Outland spousal. I’m Canadian sponsor; my Chinese wife and her young (accompanying) son live with me in Beijing. E-Cas shows sponsorship “decision made”, PR ap status “not available”:
2009 1 27 ap received
2009 2 17 we started processing
2009 2 17 we sent you a letter about the decision

1. from that, can we guess yes or no? or that they’re not asking for info?
2. later we found errors we made: do we send corrections to Beijing, or CPC-M, or both? when?
3. approx timelines with and without interview? is Beijing interview probable? we gave lots of genuine-and-continuing.
4. I was unemployed 6 years (mostly travelling). Due to A39 I made arrangements. Money’s only one arrangement but in mutual funds – do I sell, and submit update? Must bank account be in Canada?
5. does my wife show proof of funds on landing? how much?

Thanks a million everyone.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

poiuut said:
Dear PMM, Robsluv, Wongn, MathewC, everyone,

Thanks in advance. First post here, everyone seems expert - hope we all get in!

Outland spousal. I'm Canadian sponsor; my Chinese wife and her young (accompanying) son live with me in Beijing. E-Cas shows sponsorship “decision made”, PR ap status “not available”:
2009 1 27 ap received
2009 2 17 we started processing
2009 2 17 we sent you a letter about the decision

1. from that, can we guess yes or no? or that they're not asking for info?

As long as you are eligible as a sponsor, it should be yes.

2. later we found errors we made: do we send corrections to Beijing, or CPC-M, or both? when?

Bejing, when you have a file no.

3. approx timelines with and without interview? is Beijing interview probable? we gave lots of genuine-and-continuing.

2-4 months after you correct errors.

4. I was unemployed 6 years (mostly travelling). Due to A39 I made arrangements. Money's only one arrangement but in mutual funds – do I sell, and submit update? Must bank account be in Canada?

No, you don't have to sell them, but I assume you sent a letter with your application re: yu plans/accommodation/job in Canada?

5. does my wife show proof of funds on landing? how much?
No

Thanks a million everyone.
PMM

poiuut

Feb 20, 2009
PMM thanks sooooooo much.

I assume 2-4 months is without interview: and with?

Yes I sent job-offer letter, accommodations etc.

Very grateful PMM, thks again.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

poiuut said:
PMM thanks sooooooo much.

I assume 2-4 months is without interview: and with?

Yes I sent job-offer letter, accommodations etc.

Very grateful PMM, thks again.
With an interview? "how long is a piece of string" There is no set time, and there is no information on trackitt http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class/

PMM

poiuut

Feb 20, 2009
PMM, that was funny. I watch trackitt too thanks, not a lot of Beijing stuff there, as you say.

I asked 4 and 5 because I heard conflicting reports.

5. Proof of funds: clearly IO should not ask but I know at least one did. I got my wife a supplemental credit card, I wonder if that would suffice?

4. I phrased poorly. I was referring to the “adequate arrangements for their support and care have been made” (e.g. if sponsor lists no income, and primary applicant's skills-education-english are low: both true for us)

My research told me some IOs feel a simple letter from family, and reasonable resettling plans, is enough, while others want tons of detailed plans and paperwork, financial affidavits of support, job-offer letters, and a lot of cash.

I played it safe and sent the works. The only weak point is, my cash is in mutual funds, do they count? Saw a post recently – after we applied – saying no they don’t.

Because we’ll soon send corrections/update anyway, I thought, may as liquidate now, if at all, and show I did. Huge costly hassle though, if not really necessary. Based on that, do you still say don't liquidate?

Thanks again for sharing.