+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience Points

ramcis

Nov 30, 2007
Friends,

Firstly, Happy New Year to you all. Folks i intended to file application for Skilled Worker Program. Currently my experience is three and half years. I calculated my points 69 if i picked all four for english language that i believe i would attain through ielts before application evaluation. Now i need to know that whether experience will be counted till the day i file application or the day of its evaluation.
I will appreciate people positive responses

Best Regards
RamCis

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ramcis said:
Friends,

Firstly, Happy New Year to you all. Folks i intended to file application for Skilled Worker Program. Currently my experience is three and half years. I calculated my points 69 if i picked all four for english language that i believe i would attain through ielts before application evaluation. Now i need to know that whether experience will be counted till the day i file application or the day of its evaluation.
I will appreciate people positive responses

Best Regards
RamCis
The day you file.

PMM

ramcis

Nov 30, 2007
Dear PMM,

Thanks for your reply but if you see link below page no. 24

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06e.pdf

You will find following statement:

"take into account any years of experience that occur between application and assessment,
and for which the applicant has submitted the necessary documentation (R77)."

So if experience after filing application is not consider what the actual meaning of statement above.

If others will also write their comments on it, i will be thankful

Best Regards

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ramcis said:
Dear PMM,

"take into account any years of experience that occur between application and assessment,

So if experience after filing application is not consider what the actual meaning of statement above.

Best Regards
1. Except that under SAP no documents are submitted between application and assessment. Note the application form, where it states that you must meet the criteria at the time of application.

PMM

Kash

Dec 6, 2007
ramcis said:
Dear PMM,

Best Regards
Ramacis,

I am positive that you get the work experience points if it occurs between application submition and assessment. I have further posted some information that i received from David Cohen's team on your previous thread " filling under 67 points " that must answer your previous questions as well.

One of my relatives had not indicated in their first application that they had some immediate family members living in Canada. When visa officer contacted them to send him their updated credentials, they also informed the visa officer about the presence of their immediate family members in Canada and requested to be awarded the respective points for adaptability factor. Eventually they were granted the PRC. Their initial application showed their English skills HIGH but latter on they could not secure HIGH level on IELTS exam. Had they not requested the visa officer for relatives points, they would never be able to secure PRC. Their were well short of passing points. Acquiring the relatives points during the application process saved them.

Last but not least, people here will give you their personal opinions on base of their own understanding but make sure before making any final move you get some authentic experts' opinion and always ask from them for a credible source of information they are quoting you the information from.

Cheers!

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Kash, you only confirmed that PMM was correct.

Your relatives were qualified at the time they applied, but they hadn't provided all the documentation. They showed they were qualified when they provided information about relatives. They did not become qualified due to a change in status.

To repeat, you must qualify for immigration at the time you apply. The documents that are sent later simply show what your status was at the time you applied.

Kash

Dec 6, 2007
thaiguy said:
Kash, you only confirmed that PMM was correct.

Your relatives were qualified at the time they applied, but they hadn't provided all the documentation. They showed they were qualified when they provided information about relatives. They did not become qualified due to a change in status.

To repeat, you must qualify for immigration at the time you apply. The documents that are sent later simply show what your status was at the time you applied.
Thai,

Kindly read Ramics's first thread "filling under 67" i answered this in detail with the help of authentic quotations from CIC website and from what David Cohen's team suggested me. I am sure after reading David Cohen's comments you would like to rethink about this popular but erroneous opinion towards " you must qualify at the time you apply". Go read and get a better understanding of what facts apply to " you must meet all the criteria at the time you apply"

Cheers!

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Kash said:
Kindly read Ramics's first thread "filling under 67" i answered this in detail with the help of authentic quotations from CIC website and from what David Cohen's team suggested me. I am sure after reading David Cohen's comments you would like to rethink about this popular but erroneous opinion towards " you must qualify at the time you apply". Go read and get a better understanding of what facts apply to " you must meet all the criteria at the time you apply"
When I see what David Cohen himself has to say, I'll believe it. But you are not his proxy.

Right now you're just misleading other guests in this forum.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I guess this
take into account any years of experience that occur between application and assessment,
and for which the applicant has submitted the necessary documentation (R77).

works only if you have just 67 points and are losing them with, let's say, English.. then your experience AFTER you applied can be crucial: however, when you apply you are not allowed to indicate more years of experience than you have at the moment...

ramcis

Nov 30, 2007
Friends,

Anyone whose application has been evaluated, please just tell me when cic person asked you to submit your are necessary document which experience you submitted. total experience or the experience till file submission. And one thing more, tell me they asked you to fill the form again with your latest status and points or they just use the same you file 2 or 3 year before. Hope u got my point...........

Waiting.......

Best Regards

Rmv18

Jan 25, 2018
I have one year experience of online tutoring with international companies. Will thia be counted for Express Entry?