+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience certificate for doctors

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
My wife is doing 5 year residency in Oncology department in pakistan karachi hospital and she has 1 more year to complete. Does residency experience counts in express entry? Because she will the primary applicant. And what format does she has to provide to satisfy IRCCA requirements?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My wife is doing 5 year residency in Oncology department in pakistan karachi hospital and she has 1 more year to complete. Does residency experience counts in express entry? Because she will the primary applicant. And what format does she has to provide to satisfy IRCCA requirements?
Yes it will count if she has at least one year of continuous, full time, paid experience. Google - mandatory documents Express Entry. This will show all documents and formats required.

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Yes it will count if she has at least one year of continuous, full time, paid experience. Google - mandatory documents Express Entry. This will show all documents and formats required.
I have one more question. Cic says continuous experience. My wife worked as resident for 2 years in one hospital and then had 6 months gap before starting the 3rd year from another hospital. Will this be considered as continuous? What cic means by continuous experience? Do they accept 6 months gap?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have one more question. Cic says continuous experience. My wife worked as resident for 2 years in one hospital and then had 6 months gap before starting the 3rd year from another hospital. Will this be considered as continuous? What cic means by continuous experience? Do they accept 6 months gap?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#skilled

One year, not two of continuous full time work. Continuous means no breaks.