Experience Before Masters Degree & While doing Masters degree

canadageek

Apr 14, 2010
hi guys,
I submited my application in London.

My NOC is 4131.
I m claiming points for Masters degree.

Can I claim the experience point for :
**full time Trainee Instructor position for 6 months after Bachelors degree in Privately owned Information Technology Institute.
plz Answer here >> :

**Part time (4 hours daily) while doing Masters degree as IT Instructor.
Plz Answer here >> :

Later on my NOC was changed to 2175 as I started working as web developer.
Q: Does that matter if have more than one NOC
Answer :

Please reply all seniors and mentors.

Thanks.

abilex

May 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
4131/ 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
Doc's Request.
08-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
IELTS Request
done.
File Transfer...
15-06-2010
Med's Request
14-09-2010 received 09-22-2010
Med's Done....
10-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2011
LANDED..........
Vancouver, BC (2011)
My opinions are in red.

canadageek said:
hi guys,
I submited my application in London.

My NOC is 4131.
I m claiming points for Masters degree.

Can I claim the experience point for :
**full time Trainee Instructor position for 6 months after Bachelors degree in Privately owned Information Technology Institute.
plz Answer here >> : I think you may IF your main duties and responsibilities or job description matches one or more of the main duties stated in NOC 4131

College and other vocational instructors perform some or all of the following duties:
Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, laboratory work, shop sessions, seminars, case studies, field assignments and independent or group projects
Develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students' progress
Advise students on program curricula and career decisions
Provide individualized tutorial/remedial instructions
Supervise independent or group projects, field placements, laboratory work or hands-on training
Supervise teaching assistants
May provide consultation services to government, business and other organizations
May serve on committees concerned with matters such as budgets, curriculum revision, and course and diploma requirements.
These instructors specialize in particular fields or areas of study such as visual arts, dental hygiene, welding, engineering technology, policing, computer software, management and early childhood education.

Source: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=4131

**Part time (4 hours daily) while doing Masters degree as IT Instructor.
Plz Answer here >> : Again, yes IF your job matches all or some of the main duties in 4131. Although here, counting for the full-time equivalent will be different because you do not work 8 hours a day for them (technically). They MAY consider a two-years here as only one year... Of course, this is what I guess.... not an expert's opinion, ok?

Later on my NOC was changed to 2175 as I started working as web developer.
Q: Does that matter if have more than one NOC
Answer : It doesn't. But they will not consider experience in different NOCs as 3+2=5.... what I mean is. If they grant you three years for 4131 and 2 years for 2175, your total years of work experience will NOT BE 5years. To make this clearer, below are different scenarios:
if yrs in A = NOC that will be credited or part of the qualified profession as at the time you applied (SAP, 38 occupations, or 29... etc)
if yrs in B = NOC that IS NOT part of the credited professions

1. 3 in A + 2 in B = 3 years for A, no years for B
2. 2 in A1 + 3 in A2 = 2 years for A, 3 years for B (you will be awarded pts for 3yrs, not 5 years. However, if they are more confident with your documentation for A1 and not for A2, you will get points for 2yrs only)

Please reply all seniors and mentors.
I hope you find the above useful. I am not sure about it but that's the most conservation estimate I could give so we could avoid overestimating our points.

Thanks.
You're always welcome.
Good luck buddy!