+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exclusion order, some questions.

jigsawe

Sep 29, 2008
Hello, I am a S.Korean Citizen, and recently I was flying to Vancouver, and at the airport I received an Exclusion Order.

Long story short, I told the officers that I was going to Canada for vacation, when later they found out that I had some intentions of working as a freelancer.

I received and exclusion order for one year, got handcuffed and stayed in airport detention for a night.

I have a few questions regarding this:

1. I understand that I need an ARC (Authorization to Return to Canada) to be able to return to Canada within the 1 year exclusion. If I was able to get a work permit sponspored by a canadian company, is obtaining an ARC feasible? Or is it safer to just wait out the 1 year ban?

2. If I was to visit/work in Canada after the 1 year ban, will there be any extra immigration hurdles?

3. Does an Exclusion Order remain in my police records or is it considered a criminal activity?

4. I am planning to go to the United States for vacation, does the Exclusion Order from Canada affect anything when entering the U.S.?

5. Later down the road, does the Exclusion Order affect a Permanent Residence application?

Thanks in advance!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jigsawe said:
Hello, I am a S.Korean Citizen, and recently I was flying to Vancouver, and at the airport I received an Exclusion Order.

Long story short, I told the officers that I was going to Canada for vacation, when later they found out that I had some intentions of working as a freelancer.

I received and exclusion order for one year, got handcuffed and stayed in airport detention for a night.

I have a few questions regarding this:

1. I understand that I need an ARC (Authorization to Return to Canada) to be able to return to Canada within the 1 year exclusion. If I was able to get a work permit sponspored by a canadian company, is obtaining an ARC feasible? Or is it safer to just wait out the 1 year ban?

2. If I was to visit/work in Canada after the 1 year ban, will there be any extra immigration hurdles?

3. Does an Exclusion Order remain in my police records or is it considered a criminal activity?

4. I am planning to go to the United States for vacation, does the Exclusion Order from Canada affect anything when entering the U.S.?

5. Later down the road, does the Exclusion Order affect a Permanent Residence application?

Thanks in advance!
You can almost guarantee that you will be examined very closely on any new entries to Canada after the 1 year exclusion. It is not a police record, but it will remain in the CBSA and CIC data basis. It may have an effect on your US entry as Canada and the US share information. It has no effect on the application for PR after the 1 year.

paublue

Oct 2, 2012
I am also curious about Jigsawe's first question:

1. I understand that I need an ARC (Authorization to Return to Canada) to be able to return to Canada within the 1 year exclusion. If I was able to get a work permit sponspored by a canadian company, is obtaining an ARC feasible?

If Jigsawe has an LMO, can he/she apply for a work permit now, or must Jigsawe wait 6 months or a year to apply for the permit?

THanks!!!