+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

European study permit applicants: is anyone elses' Fall 2021 application taking forever to be processed?

intlleth21

Jul 14, 2021
Hello everyone,

I submitted my application for a study permit from Germany on May 26th. I'm aware that this was 11 days past the guaranteed response deadline of May 15th, but I had no other choice as my updated passport was still being processed at the time. I submitted my biometrics on June 9th and have been waiting for updates ever since.

It has now been 7 weeks and I'm getting worried as the fall semester is approaching soon and I have yet to book a flight among other things. Everyone I know who submitted their application in time has received their approval a while ago already, and I'm wondering if anyone else is currently in the same position as I am.

MZHSECA

Star Member
Jul 8, 2021
Hello everyone,

I submitted my application for a study permit from Germany on May 26th. I'm aware that this was 11 days past the guaranteed response deadline of May 15th, but I had no other choice as my updated passport was still being processed at the time. I submitted my biometrics on June 9th and have been waiting for updates ever since.

It has now been 7 weeks and I'm getting worried as the fall semester is approaching soon and I have yet to book a flight among other things. Everyone I know who submitted their application in time has received their approval a while ago already, and I'm wondering if anyone else is currently in the same position as I am.
Applied from Sweden on 13th May.Final decision still awaited from concerned visa office in London.

Reactions: RumezaJ

MZHSECA

Star Member
Jul 8, 2021
But is it normal that even the eligibility review hasn’t begun yet?
I think yes,it is normal.I was approved once from Sweden for study permit in 2019 by London visa office,I remember that status of eligibility review did not get any updates till final decision.

Morrison123

Jul 14, 2021
SP , Spousal work permit and Child visitors visa.
Non SDS
Upront medical 26 May
Application submission 4 June
Biometrics Request 4/5 June
biometrics collection 15 June
biometrics update 16 June
Eligibility review 5 June
Visa office Beijing
Nationality South Africans
Full scholarship
Waiting

big fungus

Aug 2, 2021
did you get your study permit? I am having almost the same situation now, applied from germany as a swiss citizen.
Hello everyone,

Did you get your study permit? I am almost in the same situation (no update ever since giving biometrics 3-4 weeks ago)... expect that I was at the berlin office to give biometrics and i am a swiss citizen.

ajallad

Jul 1, 2021
I have the same situation

• Applicantion submitted 11- May
  • Biometrics got enrolled 30-May
  • Biometrics processed and reflected on my application 3- Aug
  • Only background checking in progress, others still pending.
I will wait until September 1st, if nothing received so far, then I will defer my admission to next year.

intlleth21

Jul 14, 2021
I have the same situation

• Applicantion submitted 11- May
  • Biometrics got enrolled 30-May
  • Biometrics processed and reflected on my application 3- Aug
  • Only background checking in progress, others still pending.
I will wait until September 1st, if nothing received so far, then I will defer my admission to next year.
did you get your study permit? I am having almost the same situation now, applied from germany as a swiss citizen.

Did you get your study permit? I am almost in the same situation (no update ever since giving biometrics 3-4 weeks ago)... expect that I was at the berlin office to give biometrics and i am a swiss citizen.
I did receive mine, I think it was about 2 weeks after I’d made this post. Best of luck with your application, keeping my fingers crossed!

intlleth21

Jul 14, 2021
Great! Did you also not receive any updates on the GcKey account until final decision? Have fun in Canada!
I did about 24 hours before the final decision (eligibility review started), but I didn’t get a notification on that. Just happened to see it while I was logged in :)