+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

europe and asia countries is free visa

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
amin shinwari said:
can someone tell me which europe and asia countries is free visa on canadian refugee travel documents
None. Once you have a PR card, it will give you mainly access to Caribbean destinations but nothing in Europe or Asia.

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
I know for sure That when you hold Refugee travel Document you do not need the visa for Germany, I traveled and did not need visa and then you can travel withing EU without any problem but there are some other countries of Europe that you do not need visa as for Asia I do not know .

AAMM_2015

Feb 17, 2016
ghonghadze said:
I know for sure That when you hold Refugee travel Document you do not need the visa for Germany, I traveled and did not need visa and then you can travel withing EU without any problem but there are some other countries of Europe that you do not need visa as for Asia I do not know .
Did you travel within EU by plane?

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
all Europe and Asia country you need visa

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
amin shinwari said:
can someone tell me which europe and asia countries is free visa on canadian refugee travel documents
As another poster said, Germany is the only country in the Schengen area where carrying a CRTD would allow you to enter without a visa. Not all European countries are part of the Schengen agreement. Don't be fooled by trusting travel within Europe without a proper Schengen visa; because of the current immigration situation in Europe border checks may be done. Even before that issue was full blown, passports were being checked on trains between Hungary and Austria and Austria and the Czech Republic, for example (in my experience in early 2015).

http://www.kanada.diplo.de/Vertretung/kanada/en/02/visa/blue__travel__document.html

For other countries you will have to contact each of the foreign consulates in Canada directly when the information is not online. Also, make sure the airlines you chose are willing to accept the CRTD as a valid travel document. I've read stories about airlines not accepting them even when the destination country does. Canadian airlines are the worst at the way they treat non-canadian passport (or CRTD) holders but the situation is not unique to them.

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Yes mate From Toronto to Dusseldorf straight flight, No VIsa is required, you can call to German Embassy in Toronto and they will confirm that you do not need any visa just return ticket and that is all. I did not travel withing the Europe but I know one who was in France he traveled form Gernamy to France by bus and they stoped him while he was in France and they checked and he showed Canadian travel document and they told him nothing at all. but it does not mean that they will treat you the same. If you have Urgency you can travel to Germany if not Take a visa and it is not a problem at all.