+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eTA Delays - application under review

DelayConcern

Jun 19, 2024
United Kingdom
Category........
VISIT
Hi there.

I applied for 3 eTA's for myself, my wife and our daughter on 4th June. These were all separate applications. We're all have British citizens and have British passports.

My wife and daughter received their approved eTA's within a couple of hours, however my eTA acknowledgement email (not approval) took around 8 hours to be received.

Since this, my application is under review and states that I'll be contacted within 72 hours. It's been 15 days and I've received no contact. I've submitted a couple of queries via the IRCC webforms, but haven't received any response.

The only difference between my application and and my wife's was:
- Type of employment (we work in differing sectors - one in facilities management, one in data management)
- I had a previous eTA from 2016-2021 on a now expired British passport and noted the number of this eTA in the relevant question on the application, when asked about whether you had previously had an eTA.

Is this type of delay typical?

I have no criminal convictions/record, an entirely clean passport and was previously approved for an eTA in 2016. On the previous eTA I travelled to Canada twice, for 7 days each time. I've never had a eTA/entry to any country refused.

We're due to fly to Canada on 18th July, which I recognise is some time away yet, but any advice/guidance is much appreciated.

Last edited: