+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error in paystub showing more than 40 hrs biweekly

Joseph10

Sep 15, 2021
Hi all, this is very urgent and it would be really helpful if someone could advice me on this, so basically I worked part time at a dominos and my first week of training I did 16 hours and then second week for 10 hours but on my first payroll I only received a pay for 10 hrs so my manager said they’ll adjust the first weeks pay in your future pay stub, then I worked for 18 hrs and 19 hrs the next 2 weeks and instead of getting paid for 37 hours, I got paid for 53 hours in total which included the pay from first week, since as international students our paystub can’t be more than 40 hours biweekly, would this particular paystub be a problem for me in the future ?? I asked manager to correct it or give me a letter but he refused to help? I’m really worried

Crassiva

Aug 23, 2021
Hi all, this is very urgent and it would be really helpful if someone could advice me on this, so basically I worked part time at a dominos and my first week of training I did 16 hours and then second week for 10 hours but on my first payroll I only received a pay for 10 hrs so my manager said they’ll adjust the first weeks pay in your future pay stub, then I worked for 18 hrs and 19 hrs the next 2 weeks and instead of getting paid for 37 hours, I got paid for 53 hours in total which included the pay from first week, since as international students our paystub can’t be more than 40 hours biweekly, would this particular paystub be a problem for me in the future ?? I asked manager to correct it or give me a letter but he refused to help? I’m really worried
Nothing to worry about, you can always explain the case in the future.

Esporte321

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
If your paystub states that the 16 hours refers to the first week, and the 37 hours refers to the third+fourth week you should be fine. But if the date in the paystub refers only to two weeks and the total amount of hours is 53, I would interpret it as "you worked 53 hours in two weeks, exceeding the 20 hours per week". I would prefer to solve it right now, since the error is freshly made by the manager, than to wait and have to explain to the immigration officer when/if you decide to apply for a WP, PGWP, PR, etc.