+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error in Express Entry Profile and received ITA- PNP

Bubzz

Mar 1, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I received my ITA, however, I realized there is an error in my Express Entry Profile. I really need advice for the decision I'm inclined to make. I completed my ACCA while residing in Kenya but had indicated my country of study as England as per WES Certificate in my Express entry profile. I noticed this error when the PR application form requested PCC for England. I have never been to England as my study was in correspondence while residing in Kenya. Since the Express Entry profile is locked and information cannot be updated after receiving my ITA, now I am thinking of the following options:

1. To write and attach a LOE (Letter of Explanation) explaining my error in the express entry profile and make changes in the PR application.

2. To decline the ITA and edit my errors in the Express Entry profile. Then get back into the pool and wait for the next invitation.

My inclination is more towards option 2. Now if I decline the ITA to get back to the pool and edit the error, my concern is:

1. Will I be able to use the same Express Entry profile as existing or do I have to create a new one?

2. Will I lose the PNP attached to my profile when I decline the ITA?

I fear that if the officer would notice the misalignment of information between Express Entry profile and e-APR. It can also lead to a ban from submitting any applications to the immigration department in Canada for the next 5 years. Please give me some guidance on how I can fix this, and which will be the right way to move forward.