+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Erroneous rejection?

Jun 7, 2017
Hi,

I recently applied for TRV as a visitor/tourist with the Manila Visa Office online. The application was submitted last March 2017. Come June, I had yet to get a single feedback aside from the message confirming the receipt of the online application. I checked my GC.ca account numerous times. I also never got an email from anyone from Canada or the Canadian Visa Office during the period from March to June. To my surprise, I received a rejection today, June 7. The only stated reason was my failure to submit my passport. This is perplexing because I never got a request to submit my passport to the Embassy or the Visa Application Centre. There was no such request sent to my GC.ca account nor my registered email address. The instructions were clear that a letter from the visa office must first be received before the passport is sent for processing. Is it possible that the visa office committed a mistake? How is this rectified? I already submitted a query through the form available on the GC website, but the response might take 28 days.

Any suggestion or feedback is appreciated! Thank you.

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
I have been on this forum for a while... there are plenty of mistakes that they are making so I'm not surprised... Maybe you can visit the embassy and explain to them your situation?

I'm stilling waiting for my wife's tourist application which was submitted on March 28...:(

Jun 7, 2017
Thank you, spth38. Good luck on your wife's application! I've tried calling the embassy, but visa queries are always evaded by having a voice recording quoting the CIC web address.

I tried looking for somebody with a similar situation online but there hardly seems to be anybody who got refused for the same reason. I found several websites saying that an appeal may be filed but recourse will have to be done through the courts. That's a bit of stretching it out too far. Does anybody here know anyone who have been in the same situation? Thanks!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I recently applied for TRV as a visitor/tourist with the Manila Visa Office online. The application was submitted last March 2017. Come June, I had yet to get a single feedback aside from the message confirming the receipt of the online application. I checked my GC.ca account numerous times. I also never got an email from anyone from Canada or the Canadian Visa Office during the period from March to June. To my surprise, I received a rejection today, June 7. The only stated reason was my failure to submit my passport. This is perplexing because I never got a request to submit my passport to the Embassy or the Visa Application Centre. There was no such request sent to my GC.ca account nor my registered email address. The instructions were clear that a letter from the visa office must first be received before the passport is sent for processing. Is it possible that the visa office committed a mistake? How is this rectified? I already submitted a query through the form available on the GC website, but the response might take 28 days.

Any suggestion or feedback is appreciated! Thank you.
Hi,

I have come across two recent cases where CIC cited the delay in processing to the failure to submit passports, but there were no passport requests in the applicants' online accounts.

It could take a while to get a response to a CSE. I suggest you email the Manila visa office with a screenshot of the updates in your online account, and request the visa office to allow you to submit your passport

Hope this works for you