+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entering Work history for same employer but different job titles having same NOC

TomFury

Sep 30, 2020
Hi, I am creating my EE profile and ran into a dilemma of what to do at the work history part. I am working for the current employer for the past 5 years and since joining, I had 3 different job titles, where the work is all same, and I just had promotions that changed my job titles. The NOC code will be the same for all job titles. For this, should I need to create separate entries for each job titles at the work history part while creating my profile, or just one is enough which mentioning my current job title. Any help is really appreciated!

(Apologies if this question had already been asked earlier in this forum)
Thanks.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hi, I am creating my EE profile and ran into a dilemma of what to do at the work history part. I am working for the current employer for the past 5 years and since joining, I had 3 different job titles, where the work is all same, and I just had promotions that changed my job titles. The NOC code will be the same for all job titles. For this, should I need to create separate entries for each job titles at the work history part while creating my profile, or just one is enough which mentioning my current job title. Any help is really appreciated!

(Apologies if this question had already been asked earlier in this forum)
Thanks.
It all depends on the experience letter that you can obtain from your employer.

Meaning if they are willing to give you one experience letter for your current position of 5 yrs long then it should be fine and in fact which i doubt it.

They would probably give you a chronological narrative of your career path including dates designation and duties for each position you have held.
Should this be the case you'd rather fill it in as is meaning each post by post. And be careful to fill data in accurately.
And then you should get three reference letters as per CIC requirement.

Reactions: Raisin

TomFury

Sep 30, 2020
Thanks, Bacelor for the reply. I am not sure if my employer will give me 3 different reference letters for the 3 titles I held. However, I will contact my employer and ask them if they will provide (which I believe highly unlikely).

Note: From what I understand while reading the forum, I can mention in a single letter all the positions I held and convey that the roles and responsibilities were all same for all 3 titles. If that is the case, is it fine to just attached the same letter for all 3 entries?

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Thanks, Bacelor for the reply. I am not sure if my employer will give me 3 different reference letters for the 3 titles I held. However, I will contact my employer and ask them if they will provide (which I believe highly unlikely).

Note: From what I understand while reading the forum, I can mention in a single letter all the positions I held and convey that the roles and responsibilities were all same for all 3 titles. If that is the case, is it fine to just attached the same letter for all 3 entries?
I am not sure if it would be a good idea! I would rather work on this a little bit harder so on a later stage i secure a safe profile processing.

If i were you i would stick to obtaining a reference letter for each position mentioning
Post title and department
Duration and time of promotion
Gross Salary + increments
Duties

Get it signed (from HR or at least direct supervisor) and stamped on a company headed paper including contact information.

This way you never have to mind or stress about it after you apply. Just pitch perfect, bull's eye.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I’ve the same scenario, different titles in the same company but different NOC. My company gave me one reference letter and listed the duration of my employment, salary and responsibilities per each job title. It also mentioned full time 40 hours/week. I used that to enter the same to my IRCC profile. I uploaded the same reference letter twice as it has two document placeholders. IRCC was okay with it as it has all the required details. My file was approved.

Reactions: Raisin and Bacelor

TomFury

Sep 30, 2020
Thank you so much for the responses. I have requested a detailed reference letter from my employer. Hope they will provide them so that I can attach them in three separate fields. If they are not willing to provide all the details, then I can get that information signed by a colleague. Is that correct?

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Thank you so much for the responses. I have requested a detailed reference letter from my employer. Hope they will provide them so that I can attach them in three separate fields. If they are not willing to provide all the details, then I can get that information signed by a colleague. Is that correct?
If not HR immediate supervisor yes.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Reactions: TomFury

vibes24

Jun 13, 2021
I am working with one company from last 10 years and had changed role also in between. Please guide me if I need to mention both the roles in reference letter or the last one will do ??

Lindsay1111

May 29, 2023
Hi, I have a question about my job history. I had worked as a post-doctoral fellow with the same supervisor for half a year. I have the same NOC; however, I have two job offers because my supervisor increased my salary at some point. The university issued me only one verification letter, but there are two time periods (due to salary differences) listed in the letter. In this case, should I separate this job experience into two sections or keep it as one history?

If I separate it into two sections, I will have to attach the same verification letter. However, I can provide a different job offer and different pay stubs in each section.

If I keep it into one, I will provide the verification letter once and include both job offers and all pay stubs in one section.

Thank you very much.

TomFury

Sep 30, 2020
You can do either way in my opinion. From what I did with my application, I separated my different job titles for the same company (same work and NOC, but was promoted to two other job titles) and uploaded the reference letter from the company in all three fields for the three different job titles. I've also included an explanation letter, explaining everything in detail since the reference letter from employer had only the current job title. In the explanation letter, I've mentioned all my job titles and have shown the promotion letters/pay stubs having the job title as proofs. My application is approved.

Lindsay1111

May 29, 2023
You can do either way in my opinion. From what I did with my application, I separated my different job titles for the same company (same work and NOC, but was promoted to two other job titles) and uploaded the reference letter from the company in all three fields for the three different job titles. I've also included an explanation letter, explaining everything in detail since the reference letter from employer had only the current job title. In the explanation letter, I've mentioned all my job titles and have shown the promotion letters/pay stubs having the job title as proofs. My application is approved.
Hi Tom, Thanks for your answer. I first filled it as one file, and now I try to split it into two. Yes, I think it is a good idea to add an explanation letter. Thank you!

Jul 30, 2024
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-06-2024
Doc's Request.
17-07-2024
Nomination.....
17-07-2024
AOR Received.
05-08-2024
Hi All,

Sorry for the repeated question. I got ITA under the CEC draw and was confused while filling out the work history. I have 5 years of experience in the same company and have been promoted twice from the starting position. My employer gave me one employment letter in which they mentioned three positions, including job title (NOC code), full-time, and responsibilities. In the end, they added the hours of the week and the salary of my last position.

My question is: how should I add my experience to my work history? Do I need to add different entries for all the positions and the same employment letter for all three, or should I add only the latest position and upload that employment letter to that?

Also, would it be okay if I add my last six months of salary slips?