+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

entering canada after getting confirmation of pr

Rahul1706

Feb 10, 2015
hi
i just received my confirmation of pr and it is valid till july so as my passport.
now plzz suggest me should i make a new passport as i am travelling in april for my border cross.
or i can enter canada from india with 2 months of validity of passport and visa

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
The issue will be with the airline not Canada. Many airlines will not allow you to board your flight if your passport is not valid for at least 6 months. So, contact your airline company and check with them. I would recommend you to renew your passport regardless. The visa stamp on your current passport will be valid even if you renewed you passport and you can still use it. Good Luck!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi
i just received my confirmation of pr and it is valid till july so as my passport.
now plzz suggest me should i make a new passport as i am travelling in april for my border cross.
or i can enter canada from india with 2 months of validity of passport and visa
You can travel on your current passport without issue.

Reactions: mpsqra

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The issue will be with the airline not Canada. Many airlines will not allow you to board your flight if your passport is not valid for at least 6 months. So, contact your airline company and check with them. I would recommend you to renew your passport regardless. The visa stamp on your current passport will be valid even if you renewed you passport and you can still use it. Good Luck!
The airline will not refuse to board the OP because Canada does not require a passport be valid for a minimum length.

They only refuse when the destination country has such a rule.

Reactions: mpsqra and jordo