crossroads

Aug 27, 2010
looord said:
dear all

i have to enter canada from USA by car
i am already have a landing documents without PR
is the PR card required in the border to enter canada
i am in USA now??
You Don't need PR Card You should bring your Landing documents and the required amount to show in your bank balance and your passport with the visa

looord

Mar 29, 2010
thank you for replying
but i never have a PR card
i want to come back to canada to get PR card?
is this permit
what about the balance in bank
would you please tell me more
thank you

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You would not have a PR card unless you "land", that's why you never have a PR card! You need to provide a Canadian address so that CIC can send the PR card to you.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
looord said:
dear all

i have to enter canada from USA by car
i am already have a landing documents without PR
is the PR card required in the border to enter canada
i am in USA now??
It is unclear to me from your question whether or not you have applied for permanent residence and been approved. What do you mean when you say you "already have landing documents without PR"?

If you have not applied and been approved for PR then it depends on what passport you hold and is it from a visa exempt country. If it's vise exempt they will likely allow you to cross. If not, then you need to apply for a temporary resident visa to enter Canada.

If you have been approved and received your PR visa and COPR, then yes you can cross the border without a PR card. At some point you will need to officially "land" and begin the process of receiving your PR card. To do that you present your passport and COPR at the IOs office at the border, give a Canadian address, answer some questions, and they will mail the PR card to you in about 6 weeks.

If you have already landed then you can cross the border by personal vehicle with your passport and copy of the COPR. You do not need the PR card when crossing by private car.

Hope that helps. Allison