+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enquiry of Results - Positive change in Result

Mrs_Boss

Oct 22, 2015
I just want to share my experience for persons who may be wondering if they should do an EOR.

I did the IELTS test in October 2015 and got R- 8.5, L - 8, S - 8.5, W - 6.5. I was disappointed in the writing result as I'm usually not a bad writer. I considered retaking the test as my point with those grades had me 406 for Express Entry.

I contacted the Centre where I sat the test and inquired about a remark and I was advised to retake the test instead if doing a remark; they gave me the usual reasons - expensive, takes long, will get back the same grade etc.

I was discouraged but still went ahead and applied for an EOR. It cost US$160 and took 6 weeks but I am happy to say that my writing grade changed from 6.5 to 7.5 and I was refunded the money that I paid.

So, for persons who think they want to do an EOR on their speaking or writing result, it's worth the try. That change in result changed my points in Express Entry from 406 to 467.

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
Wow! That's amazing. Congratulations!

economicalindian

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
You got me curious to know..

where did you appear for IELTS ?

Mrs_Boss said:
I just want to share my experience for persons who may be wondering if they should do an EOR.

I did the IELTS test in October 2015 and got R- 8.5, L - 8, S - 8.5, W - 6.5. I was disappointed in the writing result as I'm usually not a bad writer. I considered retaking the test as my point with those grades had me 406 for Express Entry.

I contacted the Centre where I sat the test and inquired about a remark and I was advised to retake the test instead if doing a remark; they gave me the usual reasons - expensive, takes long, will get back the same grade etc.

I was discouraged but still went ahead and applied for an EOR. It cost US$160 and took 6 weeks but I am happy to say that my writing grade changed from 6.5 to 7.5 and I was refunded the money that I paid.

So, for persons who think they want to do an EOR on their speaking or writing result, it's worth the try. That change in result changed my points in Express Entry from 406 to 467.

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs_Boss said:

Mrs Boss +1