+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enquiry about family member proof of status

Sumat Kaur

Mar 17, 2017
Hello everyone,
I have received an invitation to apply for permanent residency and I have been told to upload all the documents for the same. I have submitted all the documents except one in which I have a confusion.
Actually my maternal aunt is residing in Canada in Ontario and IRCC have asked me to submit the documents to prove our relationship and they are asking for one more thing that is proof of family member's status where they require canadian passport or canadian citizenship card or study permit or work permit. I dont have any family member there, so what do I need to fill over there?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
What? But you said yes to having an aunt in Canada. They want to see proof of her status in Canada.

Tmys

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
Passport Req..
29-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2017
LANDED..........
24-04-2017
Sumat Kaur said:
Hello everyone,
I have received an invitation to apply for permanent residency and I have been told to upload all the documents for the same. I have submitted all the documents except one in which I have a confusion.
Actually my maternal aunt is residing in Canada in Ontario and IRCC have asked me to submit the documents to prove our relationship and they are asking for one more thing that is proof of family member's status where they require canadian passport or canadian citizenship card or study permit or work permit. I dont have any family member there, so what do I need to fill over there?
What do you mean?
Your maternal aunt is in Canada you said. Just get her proof of status document.

Is she your mom's sister? If it is a distant relationship you probably don't need to list her.

Also, what is your stream? CEC or FSW?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Sumat Kaur said:
Hello everyone,
In your eAPR, if you declare any Canadian relatives (either for you or spouse), you need to provide the following documents
1. Proof of Relationship - Any documents that proves the relationship. For example, documents showing common parents etc.
2. Proof of Status - Proof of legal status of your Canadian relative. Examples include PR Card, Canadian passport, citizenship document etc.
3. Proof of Residence - Proof to show that the Canadian relative has been in Canada in the last 6 months. Examples include lease agreement, utility bills not older than 6 months when you submit etc.