+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EmploymentRefernceLetter_SoftwareEngineer_Verification

sunilsingla31

Jun 12, 2018
Hi All,

I am a dot net developer having 4 years of experience. My CRS score is 477. My designation in my company is Senior Software Engineer. But my job duties match with NOC code 2174. I have prepared my job duties for employment reference letter. Could you guys please validate my job duties for NOC 2174? Following are my job duties.

Software engineer trainee -

- To build knowledge of various microsoft technologies such as ASP.NET, C#, MVC, Entity Framework nand so forth.
- To understand basic relational database management concepts and create queries to extract data and manipulate data using SQL Server
- To develop and test in-house training projects as per the software development life cycle
- To create high-level and detailed design documents for development tasks
- To gain functional knowledge of web-based enterprise applications
- To perform debugging of existing applications to understand code flow and troubleshoot issues
- To build user interface modules using ASP.NET Web Forms,JQUERY,JavaScript,HTML,CSS,C# and so forth.

Software Engineer -

- To carry out detailed analysis to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- To create high-level and detailed design documents
- To develop and maintain web application code written in ASP.NET MVC,Telerik,JQUERY,JavaScript,HTML,CSS,C# and so forth.
- To write back-end logic of enterprise web applications using SQL Server
- To debug application code for resolving production issues on an urgent basis, in order to meet client SLA
- To identify performance and user experience issues, and resolve them using up-to-date technology solutions
- To maintain proper channels of communication with managerial and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes
- To prepare reports and documentation to track updates in functional and technical aspects of the software
- To attend technical and soft skills trainings as required
- To follow Agile development process and provide daily task updates to client in scrum
- To perform other duties as directed by business analyst/ project manager
- Tools and technologies used: ASP.NET MVC,Telerik,JQUERY,JavaScript,HTML,CSS,C# and so forth (Can add many more here)

Senior Software Engineer -

- To be involved in requirement discussions with clients to clarify program intent, identify feasibility concerns and suggest changes
- To interact with client and carry out detailed analysis to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- To provide development estimates for tasks of varying size and scope
- To develop and maintain programs/modules that fulfil business requirements using microsoft technologies such as ASP.NET, C#, MVC, SQL SERVER, Entity Framework
- To build an in-depth understanding of complex business functionalities supported by the software
- To understand software performance metrics and factors affecting them, and apply this knowledge to build scalable applications
- To perform unit testing of code to ensure functional and performance criteria are met
- To carry out performance tuning in c# and SQL Server using various tools such as SQL Server Profiler, Perfmon, Visual Studio Daignostic tools and so forth.
- To debug application code for resolving production issues on an urgent basis, in order to meet client service level agreement
- To review code of peers and provide relevant review comments
- To keep abreast of the latest advancements in web technologies and create proof-of-concept projects
- To research multiple software products in order to determine the best technical solution for a business problem
- To provide technical and domain-related training to new joiners in the team
- To follow Agile development process and provide daily task updates to client in scrum
- To prepare reports on the operation of software, formulate conclusions and recommendations for improvements
- Tools and technologies used: ASP.NET MVC,Telerik,JQUERY,JavaScript,HTML,CSS,C# and so forth (Can add many more here)

If anyone can guide me through this, I will be grateful to the person.

Waiting for the reply.

smitz

Star Member
May 13, 2018
Hi All,

I am a dot net developer having 4 years of experience. My CRS score is 477. My designation in my company is Senior Software Engineer. But my job duties match with NOC code 2174. I have prepared my job duties for employment reference letter. Could you guys please validate my job duties for NOC 2174? Following are my job duties.

Software engineer trainee -

- To build knowledge of various microsoft technologies such as ASP.NET, C#, MVC, Entity Framework nand so forth.
- To understand basic relational database management concepts and create queries to extract data and manipulate data using SQL Server
- To develop and test in-house training projects as per the software development life cycle
- To create high-level and detailed design documents for development tasks
- To gain functional knowledge of web-based enterprise applications
- To perform debugging of existing applications to understand code flow and troubleshoot issues
- To build user interface modules using ASP.NET Web Forms,JQUERY,JavaScript,HTML,CSS,C# and so forth.

Software Engineer -

- To carry out detailed analysis to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- To develop and maintain web application code written in ASP.NET MVC,Telerik,JQUERY,JavaScript,HTML,CSS,C# and so forth.
- To write back-end logic of enterprise web applications using SQL Server
- To debug application code for resolving production issues on an urgent basis, in order to meet client SLA
- To identify performance and user experience issues, and resolve them using up-to-date technology solutions
- To maintain proper channels of communication with managerial and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes
- To prepare reports and documentation to track updates in functional and technical aspects of the software
- To attend technical and soft skills trainings as required

Senior Software Engineer -

- To be involved in requirement discussions with clients to clarify program intent, identify feasibility concerns and suggest changes
- To interact with client and carry out detailed analysis to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- To provide development estimates for tasks of varying size and scope
- To develop and maintain programs/modules that fulfil business requirements using microsoft technologies such as ASP.NET, C#, MVC, SQL SERVER, Entity Framework
- To build an in-depth understanding of complex business functionalities supported by the software
- To understand software performance metrics and factors affecting them, and apply this knowledge to build scalable applications
- To perform unit testing of code to ensure functional and performance criteria are met
- To carry out performance tuning in c# and SQL Server using various tools such as SQL Server Profiler, Perfmon, Visual Studio Daignostic tools and so forth.
- To debug application code for resolving production issues on an urgent basis, in order to meet client service level agreement
- To review code of peers and provide relevant review comments
- To keep abreast of the latest advancements in web technologies and create proof-of-concept projects
- To research multiple software products in order to determine the best technical solution for a business problem
- To provide technical and domain-related training to new joiners in the team
- To prepare reports on the operation of software, formulate conclusions and recommendations for improvements

If anyone can guide me through this, I will be grateful to the person.

Waiting for the reply.
designation doesn't matter. go with the NOC which matches the job duties in your reference letter.

Last edited: