+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Reference Letter

Fkama027

Aug 7, 2023
Hi
I received my ITA nomination on the 18th of July under the Canadian Experience Class. However, I still need to submit my application because of my employment reference letter from my current employer, the city of Ottawa.

Even though my coordinator has written me the letter with all the required information per IRCC requirements, including my coordinator's contact information, the problem is that the letter needs the letterhead of the city of Ottawa.

My questions:
1. If I attach my pay stubs, including my employment movement letter, which will confirm all other information, will IRCC accept such a letter? The employment movement letter for my current position is written on the letterhead of the city of Ottawa.

I want to go this route because I sent several emails to HR but have yet to receive a response; even my coordinator has sent several letters.
I feel like time is going well, and I need to be working.

I need someone to guide me on the most appropriate thing to do now.

Thank

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hi
I received my ITA nomination on the 18th of July under the Canadian Experience Class. However, I still need to submit my application because of my employment reference letter from my current employer, the city of Ottawa.

Even though my coordinator has written me the letter with all the required information per IRCC requirements, including my coordinator's contact information, the problem is that the letter needs the letterhead of the city of Ottawa.

My questions:
1. If I attach my pay stubs, including my employment movement letter, which will confirm all other information, will IRCC accept such a letter? The employment movement letter for my current position is written on the letterhead of the city of Ottawa.

I want to go this route because I sent several emails to HR but have yet to receive a response; even my coordinator has sent several letters.
I feel like time is going well, and I need to be working.

I need someone to guide me on the most appropriate thing to do now.

Thank
Why do you think it has to be on the business letterhead?

Fkama027

Aug 7, 2023
Well that what I'm thinking because when I researched and from what i heard, the letter needs to have letterhead of the company.
Thats why I am seeking clarity. But my coordinator has written me the letter, its just that it doesnt have the city of ottawa letterhead

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Thats why I am seeking clarity. But my coordinator has written me the letter, its just that it doesnt have the city of ottawa letterhead
Till the time your employment is genuine and your coordinator has a city email and phone number to reach at, I don't see it being an issue. Attach your most recent paystubs and notice of assessment. That should be enough imo.