+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Reference Letter vs Employment Leave Approval Letter

justin.lang

Aug 7, 2023
Hello,
I understand Employment Reference Letter including all the employment details should be included in the Visitor Visa application package and the letter should preferably come from the direct supervisor. But Is it necessary to include a separate letter from the employer mentioning the applicant will have their leave approved for the tentative travel period?

The same question I had for kids who are attending schools. Is it necessary to get the Leave Approval letter or a letter proving their good standing in the school?

Thanks,
Justin

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello,
I understand Employment Reference Letter including all the employment details should be included in the Visitor Visa application package and the letter should preferably come from the direct supervisor. But Is it necessary to include a separate letter from the employer mentioning the applicant will have their leave approved for the tentative travel period?

The same question I had for kids who are attending schools. Is it necessary to get the Leave Approval letter or a letter proving their good standing in the school?

Thanks,
Justin
For the adult you could have it combined into one letter, for the kids I don't think you need to provide anything.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks for the response. For kids, a letter proving their student status in the home country is not required?
Unless it is specified in the document checklist or the instruction guide I don't think it's required, if it's easily available, you can get it and include it in the additional documents, it won't hurt.

Reactions: justin.lang

justin.lang

Aug 7, 2023
Does it make sense to put the following in the employment reference letter provided by John's supervisor: "John submitted a prospective leave request for the period from June 02 to June 14 in 2024 for visiting his family in Canada. I can confirm that his leave will be granted."

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Does it make sense to put the following in the employment reference letter provided by John's supervisor: "John submitted a prospective leave request for the period from June 02 to June 14 in 2024 for visiting his family in Canada. I can confirm that his leave will be granted."
That looks fine.

Reactions: justin.lang