04-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
Hi All,

In order to obtain the employment letter from my employer I had stated that I need to obtain a certification (I can't afford to disclose the actual reason) and for that purpose I need a confirmation of employment letter stating that I am a permanent and full time employee. I have got the letter from the employer stating my complete term of employment with my experience and I have uploaded the same on CIC portal.

However, the employer has also mentioned that this letter has been issued at the employee's request for the purpose of obtaining the said certification. Will this document create any problem from CIC's side?? Answers please.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I imagine that would be alright. If you haven't submitted your application yet, include an LOE explaining that this is a sensitive area so you had to deliberately mislead your employer about the actual reason for procuring this document.

indianaspirant

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2015
AOR Received.
03-08-2015
Maybe attach an explanation letter for CIC ??...you may say that I had a letter for the said purpose and as it fulfilled the requirements asked by CIC i submitted the same....if you have already submitted the application then it might not be wise and you can just wait and watch....ppl with better experience in the similar situation can pitch in

vjroB$

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
Thanks to both of you. A LoE appears to be the best option with the reasons mentioned by both of you.

Amy2Canada

Star Member
Jun 14, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got a response from one of my employer that they will not provide any letter validating skills/roles/responsibilities, etc. Also, any employee is not authorized to do the same.

For the same employer, I have all the other documents:
1. Offer letter
2. Pay slips
3. Relieving Letter

Is it ok if I create an notarized affidavit containing roles and responsibilities? I will attach the above 3 as enclosures along with the printout of the e-mail which I received from the company.

OR

Is it necessary for one colleague to be signing the notary? and I can include the other enclosures with LOE. Also, the colleague would be an ex employee of the same organization. Will this be ok?

Please advice

Thanks,
Amy

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amy2Canada said:
I got a response from one of my employer that they will not provide any letter validating skills/roles/responsibilities, etc. Also, any employee is not authorized to do the same.

For the same employer, I have all the other documents:
1. Offer letter
2. Pay slips
3. Relieving Letter

Is it ok if I create an notarized affidavit containing roles and responsibilities? I will attach the above 3 as enclosures along with the printout of the e-mail which I received from the company.

Do this as the last resort. Normally, CIC doesn't take kindly towards self-declarations. You will need watertight supporting evidences to back your claim for this to work.

OR

Is it necessary for one colleague to be signing the notary? and I can include the other enclosures with LOE. Also, the colleague would be an ex employee of the same organization. Will this be ok?

Not a problem. The tone of this reference letter should be 'from' your colleague to 'whoever it may concern' and it must mention everything CIC requires on a reference letter. Get that notarized, attach all evidences and include a nicely drafted LOE highlighting your inability to procure a reference letter in the required format (attach your employer's refusal here) and politely requesting the officer to consider your application as complete and process it on its merits.

Please advice

Thanks,
Amy

Amy2Canada

Star Member
Jun 14, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Asivad; I would go with second option of obtaining it from my colleague.

In the notarized document, I will use the same format required for CIC with my Job details. Only the tone would be like.. I have worked with ___ at XYZ organization from StartDate till EndDate. His job duties included .... and so on.

At the closing of the letter, what all details I need of the person? Name, Personal e-mail and contact number will be sufficient? As I said he is an ex employee and do not have business card.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Amy

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amy2Canada said:
Thank you Asivad; I would go with second option of obtaining it from my colleague.

In the notarized document, I will use the same format required for CIC with my Job details. Only the tone would be like.. I have worked with ___ at XYZ organization from StartDate till EndDate. His job duties included .... and so on.

At the closing of the letter, what all details I need of the person? Name, Personal e-mail and contact number will be sufficient? As I said he is an ex employee and do not have business card.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Amy
Business card from the new workplace will also do. If they don't have one, that's also fine. Just include contact details and provide their professional mail id - looks more solid.

Amy2Canada

Star Member
Jun 14, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Business card from the new workplace will also do. If they don't have one, that's also fine. Just include contact details and provide their professional mail id - looks more solid.
Thanks a lot Asivad :)

Canada Dreams

Jul 24, 2015
If I have employment letter issued in month of July since it is when I created profile and still waiting for next draw which will be now sometime in August. . Will that letter be good alone at the time of submission or should I attach LaoE for that also.. how old a letter of employment will be considered ok by CIC?

rajk1987

Dec 22, 2014
I got reference letter from my company on Feb 2015 for the purpose of extending the workpermit.
Can I the use the same reference letter for my PR application? This reference letter is almost 6 months old.

My desgination in the employment letter is IT Analyst but my job role is software engineer in PR applications and no where in the employment letter it is mentioned as software engineer, is this ok? because both are not matched. or shall I modify the job role in my PR application to match with employment letter?

Please clarify the above questions.

Thank you

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Canada Dreams said:
If I have employment letter issued in month of July since it is when I created profile and still waiting for next draw which will be now sometime in August. . Will that letter be good alone at the time of submission or should I attach LaoE for that also.. how old a letter of employment will be considered ok by CIC?
Shouldn't be a problem, you can go ahead and use that letter.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajk1987 said:
I got reference letter from my company on Feb 2015 for the purpose of extending the workpermit.
Can I the use the same reference letter for my PR application? This reference letter is almost 6 months old.

You can use that letter. If you want to prove continuity in employment (in case you are claiming CRS points and/or program eligibility based on these last 6 months experience) then you will need to provide either a new reference later or additional documentation to prove continuous employment for the last 6 months (pay stubs, revised salary letter etc).

My desgination in the employment letter is IT Analyst but my job role is software engineer in PR applications and no where in the employment letter it is mentioned as software engineer, is this ok? because both are not matched. or shall I modify the job role in my PR application to match with employment letter?

Designation doesn't matter as much as roles & responsibilities. If the NOC you have chosen matches your roles & responsibilities, that would suffice.

Please clarify the above questions.

Thank you

vjroB$

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
Hi Asivad,

For the employment proof of more than 3 years work experience, I have submitted the following:

1. My joining letter dated December 2011.
2. Letter from employer on company letter head stating that I am the permanent and full time employee of the organization having worked since December 2011 in the finance department.
3. Letter from my senior on a plain paper stating my roles and responsibilities with his business card.
4. Salary slips for last one year.

Are these docs sufficient for proving my foreign work experience of more than 3 years. Kindly answer please.

rajk1987

Dec 22, 2014
Thank you Asivad, its very helpful. I talk my manager he told he can give the reference letter with job details and responsibilities in plain paper... is this sufficient?

Also can I submit my old company reference letter(Feb '15), recent salary letter(Apr'15),pay stubs till last month, T4 with NOA and reference letter from my manager(without company letter head) in a single document ? please clarify.

Thank you..