+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment reference letter issue

cdhello1

Jul 14, 2016
Hello all,

I have the following question regarding employer reference letter.

If current employer is refusing to give a reference letter required after an ITA is received, what can be done ?
What else is allowed as per CIC rules as an alternative to reference letters ?

Thanks,

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Pay slips, contract of employment, anything you have that links your duties and salary to you as an employee. It's also something you should have confirmed would be at least possible before you got your ITA or used it for points.

cdhello1

Jul 14, 2016
Hello,

Thank you all for your sharing your inputs.

So a reference letter from a colleague / supervisor coupled with appointment letter, contracts, pay slips will make the case strong, right? Are there any chances of rejection in this case ?
Anyone has experiences regarding such cases ?

Thanks,

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
Yes, I confirmed from my all employers that they will issue me a Reference Letter. For company which refused to give me a reference, I took out from work history.

For employer who is now refusing, could you ask them if they could give you a letter that any such letters could not be issued. Usually companies in EU, wont issue such letters as this is against EU Privacy Guidelines 2013, so if you get any letter that they are not able to give such letters because of company policies or local laws

Add letter from colleague / supervisor to this along with your pay slips and contract letter. Hopefully this shall be fine

Also I have seen some people take out the current job from Work History post ITA and put this is personal history, but see what other seniors members have to say!

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
msudershan2 said:
Yes, I confirmed from my all employers that they will issue me a Reference Letter. For company which refused to give me a reference, I took out from work history.

For employer who is now refusing, could you ask them if they could give you a letter that any such letters could not be issued. Usually companies in EU, wont issue such letters as this is against EU Privacy Guidelines 2013, so if you get any letter that they are not able to give such letters because of company policies or local laws

Add letter from colleague / supervisor to this along with your pay slips and contract letter. Hopefully this shall be fine

Also I have seen some people take out the current job from Work History post ITA and put this is personal history, but see what other seniors members have to say!
Is it possible to remove current work history post ita?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolverine17 said:
Is it possible to remove current work history post ita?
You could but if you received any points for that job you would be misrepresenting.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
You could but if you received any points for that job you would be misrepresenting.
Does the data before ita and post ita need to match if its not going to affect the overall score?

CADparity

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
cdhello1 said:
Hello,

Thank you all for your sharing your inputs.

So a reference letter from a colleague / supervisor coupled with appointment letter, contracts, pay slips will make the case strong, right? Are there any chances of rejection in this case ?
Anyone has experiences regarding such cases ?

Thanks,
It worked for me. I presented a reference letter from my supervisor - it was not issued officially by the company, but my supervisor signed it and it was notarized. I also uploaded contracts and salary raise letters. I got COPR.

syedarsalan

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
CADparity said:
It worked for me. I presented a reference letter from my supervisor - it was not issued officially by the company, but my supervisor signed it and it was notarized. I also uploaded contracts and salary raise letters. I got COPR.
thanks this info will certainly help many others