+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Reference Letter-how will Ontario gov verify

David95

Mar 3, 2024
Hey everyone I'm new to this forum and I have an urgent question about the verification process of OINP. I'll appreciate it so much if anyone could help me out.

I have been working in a state-owned enterprise for the last three years and succussfully got an NOI from Ontario last month with this experience. The problem is, though I was asked to provide the employment reference letter from my company, and my work history is 100% authentic, I can't find anyone who wants to sign for me. The reason is that my company has policies that anyone who tries to apply for an overseas residence, or helps others to apply, will be punished and even fired.

I might be able to find a supervisor who can help, but the prerequisites are that the company will not know what we are doing. Since I will not report this to the company myself, the only thing I'm worried about is that officers of OINP will contact my employer instead of my referrer and reveal my application.

Therefore, I have the following question that need some more clues:
Is it possible that IRCC gets in touch with other people of my company instead of the referrer who has provided his contact imformation in the employment reference letter that I submitted? (e.g. will they google the numbers of hrs of my company and bypass the information I provided) And what can I do to prevent this from happening?

Many thanks!

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hey everyone I'm new to this forum and I have an urgent question about the verification process of OINP. I'll appreciate it so much if anyone could help me out.

I have been working in a state-owned enterprise for the last three years and succussfully got an NOI from Ontario last month with this experience. The problem is, though I was asked to provide the employment reference letter from my company, and my work history is 100% authentic, I can't find anyone who wants to sign for me. The reason is that my company has policies that anyone who tries to apply for an overseas residence, or helps others to apply, will be punished and even fired.

I might be able to find a supervisor who can help, but the prerequisites are that the company will not know what we are doing. Since I will not report this to the company myself, the only thing I'm worried about is that officers of OINP will contact my employer instead of my referrer and reveal my application.

Is it possible that IRCC gets in touch with other people of my company instead of the referrer who has provided his contact imformation in the employment reference letter that I submitted? (e.g. will they google the numbers of hrs of my company and bypass the information I provided) And what can I do to prevent this from happening?

Many thanks!
Depends upon the officer. Most of the time verification is sent to company email...
As you are saying it's state owned company so you never know if they ask for additional docs...
But I will let others chime in....

David95

Mar 3, 2024
Depends upon the officer. Most of the time verification is sent to company email...
As you are saying it's state owned company so you never know if they ask for additional docs...
But I will let others chime in....
Thank you Tatan D

For me, the number and email address on the letter are safe, but I'm worried about OINP reaching other people :(

rcincanada2019

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022

Many thanks!
Which OINP stream?

OINP does contact the employer to verify the information submitted in the application. Also, they reach out to both applicant and employer for any additional information. At least for the OINP JOIS stream.

David95

Mar 3, 2024
Which OINP stream?

OINP does contact the employer to verify the information submitted in the application. Also, they reach out to both applicant and employer for any additional information. At least for the OINP JOIS stream.
Thank you rcincanada2019, I got the NOI from HCP stream