+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Record

Berty3000

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hi,

I'm on the PR part of the application process but have not yet completed the online - this will take me another few days. Could somebody tell me - will I be asked to provide employment records for every post I have held and mentioned in the process?

Also, does anybody know exactly what the references have to include that they could paste in here?

Many thanks

Rob

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Berty3000 said:
Hi,

I'm on the PR part of the application process but have not yet completed the online - this will take me another few days. Could somebody tell me - will I be asked to provide employment records for every post I have held and mentioned in the process?

Also, does anybody know exactly what the references have to include that they could paste in here?

Many thanks

Rob
yes you would have to show records for every job you have mentioned on your profile , assuming you got experience Points for those . employment Records generally consists : t4, reference letter, pay stubs , NOA etc

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG_Chakromakro said:
yes you would have to show records for every job you have mentioned on your profile , assuming you got experience Points for those . employment Records generally consists : t4, reference letter, pay stubs , NOA etc
Reference Letter Mandatory.

T4, Pay stubs and NOA are optional.

Berty3000

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Thanks for the responses. This is making me wish I only put down my last three jobs rather than the last 8! Although if they all got me points then I suppose it was worth it. If not, presumably the details won't be required for those.

I'm not sure how I could get the information for the first company as it went bust years ago! Any suggestions? The jobs I put on the form go back 13 years.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Berty3000 said:
Thanks for the responses. This is making me wish I only put down my last three jobs rather than the last 8! Although if they all got me points then I suppose it was worth it. If not, presumably the details won't be required for those.

I'm not sure how I could get the information for the first company as it went bust years ago! Any suggestions? The jobs I put on the form go back 13 years.
You would benefit from a closer reading of instructions (past 10 years only) and understanding of the CRS point system. Points max out at 5 years for Canadian experience, 3 years for foreign experience.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

List only the positions for which you can provide documentation.

See "Proof of work experience" -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

jianxia15

Jun 6, 2016
If u do not claim CRS points for the 5 jobs that u do not want to list, just remove them from work history and put them in personal history. This way, u will only be required to provide employment records for the three jobs that u claimed points for.

Berty3000

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
This is very helpful and is much appreciated.

So, I got 50 points when my language scores and 3+ years of foreign work experience were taken into consideration. My current job and my last job account for 4.5 years, so it is not necessary for me to include the earlier jobs in the employment section and go through the agony of trying to track down the information.

But what if the people who screen my PR application see that there is a difference between the roles listed on it and the EE application and believe the application to be incomplete? I already listed all of my previous roles in the EE application, but clearly did not need to. Any thoughts?

Berty3000

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Any thoughts on this?

So I put 12 plus years of work experience down in my EE profile, amounting to 8 posts. Stupid I know, but it's what I did at the time. My current job and previous job amount to 4.5 years. If I submit my PR application with only these two mentioned, will it cause a problem in some way that the PR work experience section is different to the EE one? Or are they purely focused on whether the points total would be the same?

The other thing is that my previous post was 3.5 years, but ended in early 2015. It would be much easier for me to only mention this one as my current job I am self employed, and the information will be easier to gather for my last job. Would I get away with just mentioning my previous job? Again, there is the issue of my EE and PR apps looking so different, but the points should be the same.

Many thanks

Batuhan1988

Mar 12, 2017
Do we have to show all the pay stubs or just one would be enough(latest one)? Also my first job, they issued my middle name wrong on the pay stub and since it's issued they can't changed from the system. I told them to write me a letter of explanation. Can I also show T4 instead of pay stubs?

samuelja

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Do we have to show all the pay stubs or just one would be enough(latest one)? Also my first job, they issued my middle name wrong on the pay stub and since it's issued they can't changed from the system. I told them to write me a letter of explanation. Can I also show T4 instead of pay stubs?
If you get the Reference Letter in CIC specified format, then related docs such as T4, PayStubs etc are not necessary. But yes, if the Reference Letter is not in CIC specified format, then you need to furnish as much related docs as possible. For the PayStub name issue, I guess a simple employer letter detailing the error would suffice. The seniors can help you more on the same.

milon45

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023
Hi,

Also, does anybody know exactly what the references have to include that they could paste into here Employee records system?

Many thanks

Rob
You'll likely need to provide employment records for each job mentioned in your application, and references should provide a written statement confirming your employment details and their relationship with you.