+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Record: Company owner

Farox

Jul 10, 2012
For a few years I ran a company with a few employees together with a business partner. From that time I only have some of legal documents left (basically the documentation for me buying and then selling half of the shares). The work I did there, besides running the shop, was also relevant for the work I am doing now (software development)

The whole thing ended in 2007 and I have plenty of relevant documentation before and after that date.

Do you think if I just put a letter explaining the situation would be enough for that document "slot" or should I go and have the those contracts translated? (It's in German)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Oh, that's going to be a tough go, it's hard enough to document self-employment experience, let alone having to translate it all.

Assuming you're intending to apply for FSW (it won't count for CEC), I would say, calculate your FSW eligibility with and without the points you would get for that experience. If it doesn't make a huge difference, I would say just write a letter of explanation (you won't get the points, but it probably won't matter that much).

Farox

Jul 10, 2012
The good thing is that I have been working in the industry for almost 20 years now. My documentation is very confusing, to say the least, as I have been freelancing etc. but I think with everything else I have it should make the case.

Thanks Jes!

Farox

Jul 10, 2012
One question though, since you seem to know about these things.. From my freelance work I have letters attesting me that I worked for certain clients. It's all on there, from when to when, the hourly rate etc. What is missing is the hours per week. Do you think this will still work? (I did for the temporary work permit/LMO don't remember which)