shamidperera

Dec 13, 2019
Sri Lanka
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Colombo
Dear Sir / Madam,

I've received an employment offer from Exxon Mobil which I've attached here for your perusal.
I would be most grateful if you could let me know if this is a genuine offer.

Thank you

Sincerely,

Shaminda D. Perera

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 3:36 AM
Subject: EXXON MOBIL CANADA ONLINE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
To: Shami D Perera <shamidperera@gmail.com>

Dear Applicant,

The administrative office EXXONMOBIL CANADA got your application for job with this company. Thank you for acknowledging our advert on recruitment of potential staff and contractors at the calendar year of 2019.

To proceed further in this recruitment program, you are to provide the information below: Our recruitment program is to expand our services to rural and urban areas of the globe. We also want to use this means to attract professional experts to be part of our business achieve as we believe that power lays truly on accuracy. Your resume is received and viewed by the H.R department of EXXONMOBIL CANADA.

We have attached an On-line Interview form on this notification letter. Answer all the questions appropriately as required for consideration. We are glad to receive your application and we are ready to accept you into our business empire if you could be the right person we seek. Fill the questionnaires with correct information. Candidates ‘MAY’ be contacted via provided phone numbers for on-line interviews. We advise you to provide a correct contact phone number as well as the below requirements.

1. Your school certificates scanned copies.

2. Answers to all the interview questions on the attached copy.

Your qualification and work experience will be considered in-line with the numbers of vacant positions we need to be occupied. Our HR officials shall review the interview responses provided by all applicants and their Educational qualifications/certificates as provided. All selected applicants will be given appointment letter copies to enable them travel to Canada.

Note that, we are operational in other regions beside Canada but we are presently hiring for some vacant positions here in Canada.Thank you for taking your career with us. Fill and return the attached questionnaires with appropriate answers.

Human Resource Department,

EXXONMOBIL CANADA.

ONLINE EMAIL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS.
1. Tell me about yourself.

2. Why do you want to work at our company?

3. Why do you want to resign from your previous job?

4. Why should I hire you?

5. What are your strengths and weaknesses?

6. What is the difference between hard work and smart work?

7. Are you a risk taker or do you like to stay away from risks?

8. Can you work under pressure?

9. Are you willing to relocate to CANADA if you are employed?

10. What motivates you to do good job?

11. How long would you expect to work for us if hired?

12. What is your position in your current or previous job?

13. Have you managed people in any of the positions you’ve held?

14. How do you balance both your family and your job?

15. Are you ready to obey the rules and regulation of our company?

16. If you're told by your boss to do something that you feel is illegal, what would you do?

17. What was the toughest decision you ever make in life?

18. How do you define success?

19. What will you do when you have a problem with your boss?

20. What position do you prefer to work in this organization and why do you think you can work better in such designation?

21. Is the salary $10,470USD good for you per month or How much salary do you expect?

22. Where do you see yourself five years from now?

23. If you were hiring a person for this job, what would you look for?

24. What is your salary per month in your current or previous job converted to US Dollars?

I declare the answers above are provided by me with the best of my knowledge.

FILL THE DETAILS BELOW:

1. Your Full Name:

2. Direct Mobile No:

3. Home Address:

4. Exact Age:

5. Sex:

6. Marital Status:

7. Company Name:

8. Position:

Provide the above answers for immediate consideration; as soon as you pass this online interview, employment appointment letter will be sent to you immediately through email to enable you join our company without any delay.

You are advice to send all the scan copies of your educational qualification to us for proper verification.

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS ONLINE EMAIL INTERVIEW IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO RELOCATE TO THE CANADA WITH IN THE ABOVE STIPULATED TIME.

Do not apply if you do not have Educational Certificates and International Passport.

Regards,

MR. BEN RICHARD

Human Resource Manager.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 2:02 AM
Subject: EXXONMOBIL CONTRACT AGREEMENT
To: <shamidperera@gmail.com>

Hello Shaminda Dinesh Perera,

This Letter is in regards to your application for a job with EXXON MOBIL Canada. You have indicated your interest to work with us. We wish to inform you that the board has reviewed and accepted your application based on the information detailed in your resume. Congratulation! You have been selected among other approved applicants as new staff/Appointee of EXXON MOBIL Canada. You will get a telephonic interview after you have signed this agreement and return.

Read through the attached documents(Agreement Letter) sign and return a copy back to us.

Human Resource Department

EXXON MOBIL CANADA.

ADDRESS
237 4 Ave SW, Calgary
AB T2P 4K3, Canada
Tel: + 1-(403)-668-0722

shamidperera

Dec 13, 2019
Sri Lanka
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Colombo
The contract Letter has no specific designation. In my career I've never come across a Letter of offer or a Letter of Appointment being given without a Designation included.

----------------------------------

ADDRESS
237 4 Ave SW, Calgary
AB T2P 4K3, Canada
Tel: + 1-(403)-668-0722

CONTRACT AGREEMENT FOR SHAMINDA DINESH PERERA

As Head of Human Resources of EXXONMOBIL, I hereby on behalf of the above name enter
Agreement with you. I urge you to abide by the rules and ethics guiding this organization. We shall
welcome you as one of our employees and hope that you will find your employment with us
satisfactory. We are pleased to offer you employment with the EXXONMOBIL upon the following
terms and conditions:
1. DATE OF COMMENCEMENT
Your commencing date with EXXONMOBIL will be stipulated on the intent appointment letter, if you
are successfully appointed. Your contract with us will last for 5years after we will consider extension.
2. SALARY
Your starting basic monthly salary will be $10,470.00 per month which you will receive before 29th of
every month.
ALLOWANCES/ ENTITLEMENTS
EMPLOYEES ENTITLEMENTS/ALLOWANCES Hazard/Inconveniences: $1,500 dollar monthly. Car
Maintenance:$1,200 dollars monthly. House & Furnishings: $1,690 dollars monthly. Entertainment &
Recreation: 480 dollars monthly. Travel & Events: $1,100 dollars monthly. Leave/travel: $ 3,500
dollars take home once in a year.
3. VISA PROCUREMENT
The Company will send all the essential documents and appointment letter to the Canadian
Immigration attach to assist you in getting your Visa and work permit from the Consulate. The
company shall provide you with accommodation. (Please indicate if you will be relocating with a
family member).
You shall bear the cost of securing your entry clearance (visa) while the company provides air Ticket
to you and will be reimbursing the cost encored during your visa processing period after submitting
the receipts as evidence of payment.
4. WORKING HOURS
The Company's working hours are Monday to Friday, from 8am to 4pm. You are entitled to one hour
of lunch in break every day. You may be required to work beyond the normal working hours to
discharge your duties at the sole discretion of the Company. The Company reserves the right, at its
sole discretion, to revise, amend or extend the working hours should the need arise.
EXXONMOBIL CONTRACT AGREEMENT
5. ANNUAL LEAVE
Besides the gazette public holidays, you are entitled to twenty eight (28) days paid annual leave,
Upon the completion of one year's service from the date of confirmation of your employment.
Probated (divide) annual leave before the completion of one year's service is at the sole
discretion of the company. During the probation period, you are not entitled to any leave.
You cannot carry forward any unutilized annual leave to the next year. Any leave balance at the
end of the calendar year shall be forfeited. Unpaid leave shall be granted at the sole discretion of
the Company. The Company reserves the right to terminate your employment without notice if
you are absent from work on unpaid leave without prior approval from the Company.
You are entitled to five (5) days of compassionate leave per calendar year upon the completion
of the first year of service. Approval for compassionate leave shall be at the sole discretion of the
company.
All leave applications must be made in writing and at least seven (7) days in advance and shall
be approved at the absolute discretion of the Company.
6. SICK LEAVE
You must notify the Company and/or your immediate supervisor as soon as practicable if you are
unable to work for medical reasons. Such notice shall be given within the first four (4) hours of
the working day. You are required to produce, without demand, a medical certificate in all cases
where you are absent from work for medical reasons.
You are entitled to fourteen (14) days of paid sick leave per calendar year, upon confirmation of
your employment. Sick leave during the probation period shall be approved at the sole discretion
of the Company.
If you are hospitalized on a doctor's written order, you may get up to forty-six (46) additional days
of paid sick leave per calendar year.
7. MATERNITY AND CHILDCARE LEAVE
You will be entitled to the Maternity leave as per Canadian law. Such leave is to be taken on
doctor's written orders. The maternity leave will be on a fully paid basis as long as the Employee
has served for at least one hundred and eighty (180) days before the date of first confinement.
A female Employee on leave because of a miscarriage or abortion shall be considered to be only
on normal sick leave.
You are entitled to two (2) days of employer-paid childcare leave per calendar year if you have
any child below age seven (7) in that year.
8. TERMINATION AND NOTICE
During your employment with EXXONMOBIL, either party may
Terminate the contract by giving one (1) months' notice or the equivalent of (1) month's salary in
time of notice.
The Company reserves the right not to give any reasons for termination.
The Company, however, has the right to give immediate notice before terminating your services
if you are guilty of misdemeanor, misconduct, negligence or breach of any of the terms of this
Letter of Contract.
Upon the termination of your employment you shall return to the Company all documents,
records, items and materials in your possession or custody belonging to the Company or its
clients and you shall not retain any copies (including electronic or soft copies)thereof.
During your notice period, you shall handover all documents and materials relating to your work
and ensure a smooth transition of your duties and responsibilities. If you fail to complete the
handover during the notice period, the Company shall be fully entitled to require and compel you
to stay two (2) more weeks after the notice period has ended to complete the hand over.
9. CONFIDENTIALITY
You shall not disclose to any third party any confidential information obtained during your course
of employment or during your recruiting process unless expressly authorized by the Company.
Confidential information for the purposes of this employment includes and is not limited to trade
secrets, business plans, strategies, financial information and any other information that will affect
the Company's competitive position.
Your obligations to maintain confidentiality and secrecy shall apply after your employment until
such time that the information is no longer confidential or has been made public by the
Company.
You shall not without prior written consent of the Company destroy, make copies, duplicate or
reproduce in any form the Company's confidential information.
GOVERNING LAW
This Letter of Contract shall be governed by and controlled in accordance with the law of
Canada Please confirm your acceptance of the above terms and conditions by signing on the
lower right hand side and returning to us the duplicate copy of this letter within three (3) days
received.
Regards,
MR. BEN RICHARD
Human Resource Manager.
………………………………………………………
Employee Signature & Date

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
It is a scam

https://corporate.exxonmobil.com/Company/Contact-us/Business-solicitation-and-recruiting-scams

https://www.stop419scams.com/viewtopic.php?t=6092

Same offer letter in this link

https://www.stop419scams.com/viewtopic.php?t=8520

Also look here the web domain only created in the last week, very unlikely for the genuine company but very common for scammers to do.

omain Name: CANADAEXXONMOBILOIL.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2463569312_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namesilo.com
Registrar URL: http://www.namesilo.com
Updated Date: 2019-12-05T13:00:51Z
Creation Date: 2019-12-05T13:00:50Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2020-12-05T13:00:50Z
Registrar: NameSilo, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 1479

The job offer follows a standard template used by scammers in many other fake offers, same or similar unrealistic compensation, no actual job role mentioned and just a supposed company name substituted each time. Add to that a deadline in days by which you must respond to pressure an applicant and also employers do not provide accommodation or flights.

Last edited:

shamidperera

Dec 13, 2019
Sri Lanka
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Colombo
I was approached on Linkedin by a Lady (according to the profile) and I was asked to give her my contact details and what kind of job I was looking for. so I replied with the required details and then I received the emails. When I checked later I found that the Lady's profile on linkedin no longer existed. However I was keen to secure a job in Canada so I went along until the contract letter was sent to me.

I grew suspicious when there was no proper Designation for the job specified and also when you go through all the documents there are some issues with the grammar & spelling. Also the 2 mails came from 2 different domains. This is why I needed an expert opinion. So.. Thank you very much for that. I appreciate your feedback.

It is a scam

The job offer follows a standard template used by scammers in many other fake offers, same or similar unrealistic compensation, no actual job role mentioned and just a supposed company name substituted each time. Add to that a deadline in days by which you must respond to pressure an applicant and also employers do not provide accommodation or flights.