+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment change after eCOPR

Anmol.mittal1

Jul 28, 2023
Hi,

I received my PR through BC PNP Tech Stream, I have my eCOPR and I am waiting for my PR card from 2 months now.

My question is, when I have my PR can I change my employer and go work for a different B.C. employer or do I need to stick with my current employer for a while? I have my eCOPR and I have recently received a job offer from mother B.C Employer with a significant bump in pay and a better role.

Thanks.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi,

I received my PR through BC PNP Tech Stream, I have my eCOPR and I am waiting for my PR card from 2 months now.

My question is, when I have my PR can I change my employer and go work for a different B.C. employer or do I need to stick with my current employer for a while? I have my eCOPR and I have recently received a job offer from mother B.C Employer with a significant bump in pay and a better role.

Thanks.
Once you get your PR and signed COPR , you are permanent resident. You can work and live anywhere

Reactions: Anmol.mittal1

Vivek_R

Jun 11, 2023
Hi,

Thanks.
Hope you changed your job after getting eCOPR. I would like to know if that is possible (on the same boat).
Appreciate your inputs ! TIA.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hope you changed your job after getting eCOPR. I would like to know if that is possible (on the same boat).
Appreciate your inputs ! TIA.
Hey once you get Ecopr, you can work and move anywhere in Canada. You are not bond to any employer. You have mobility rights to move and work for anyone.